cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet wont price match Uswitch

Timbo1964

Plusnet wont price match Uswitch

Hi just want to vent my frustation with mobile companies in general with their attitude to existing customers, i have a plusnet account for my daughter (£10 a month 9GB of data). I am currently looking for a sim only deal for myself as my so have used the net to compare, on Uswitch Plusnet are offering 20GB of data to new customers for £10 a month, so same price i am paying but with 11GB moe data. I rang Plusnet customer service to see if the could upgrade me to the same deal, as i thought this is not possible, best the could offer me for £10 was 13GB of data on a new 12 month contract (i am currently on the 30 day contract)

so i could sign up and get the £10 20GB deal but this cant be done on my existing account, why is it mobile operators treat existing customers so badly???

i will cancel my daughters contract and go to Smarty who are offering 30GB for £10 and have the same deal for myself

so Plusnet will loose my daughter as a customer and myself as a new customer, which makes no business sense to me

Thanks soon to be ex plusnet customer

3 REPLIES 3
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Plusnet wont price match Uswitch

As has been said so often, shop around and don't hesitate to move for a better deal on any utility. 'Better' does not mean only price, have regard to service and backup as well as the two don't necessarily go together. Good luck with your new supplier whoever you choose.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@Timbo1964 wrote:

i will cancel my daughters contract and go to Smarty who are offering 30GB for £10 and have the same deal for myself

so Plusnet will loose my daughter as a customer and myself as a new customer, which makes no business sense to me

Thanks soon to be ex plusnet customer

And you will have the benefit of being able to use short codes.

MC22
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I don't think you can send Short Code Texts on Smarty either, a least you couldn't when I was with them.

They did say it was a feature that was 'Coming Soon' though. 😞