cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet when not in Europe----Nightmare

greycot21k

Plusnet when not in Europe----Nightmare

Hi

Had plusnet for 6 months or more in UK and Europe and no issues.

Been in India for 3 months and Plusnet have been charging me £15 per month when my smartcap is set at £10. Can i contact anyone?---doesnt seem so. Online chat never available, cannot call as no credit on Plusnet sim and India sim would be a collossal charge, no email address.

I cancelled my DDm and my wifes as she has the same issue. All we are now getting is threatening emails with no reply available on them.

Stuff of nightmares---no issues with any of our utility providers in the UK

Why are PN such a pain if you dare to travel outside of Europe?

very unhappy customer

2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Plusnet when not in Europe----Nightmare

Moderators Note.

Moved to mobile board
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Plusnet when not in Europe----Nightmare

Hi greycot21k,

Thanks for taking the time out to get in touch with us, it's much appreciated!

With regards to roaming charges, you'll be charged your monthly line rental, plus any charges that have been incurred from your Smart Cap. So for example, your monthly line rental may be £5 and your Smart Cap £10, totaling a bill of £15. 

Regardless of any plan allowance left, or if you have reached your Smart Cap limit, you can still contact us on 500 free from your Plusnet SIM. If not, you can always call 0800 079 1133 however, you must first include the UK call code before inputting the number into the dial pad, this is +44. 

You can also contact us by email at mobile-help@plus.net or via our Social Media sites, Facebook and Twitter. We're available Monday - Sunday, 07:30am - 10:00pm.

All methods of contact for us can be found here: https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/residential/, just click on the mobile tab.

Cancelling your Direct Debit does not close down an account with us. This will only suspend the outgoing services and incur any late payment charges on top of any unpaid bills, until the balance is cleared and the account is closed. 

To close your account, you can call our Sales/Cancellations Team on the above number and give 30 days notice of termination. If you have a handset contract with us, there may be an early termination fee involved, which the agent can discuss with you on the call.

If you're having difficultly contacting us to have the above processed, you can make a payment for any outstanding charges on the account via your online 'My Account' and then email into us at the above address for the process of cancellation. We wouldn't usually close down an account by email however, this can be assessed and dealt with on a case by case basis.

I'd be unable to advise of any account specific information due to Data Protection on a public platform however, if you would like me to take a look into your account, be sure to send me a Private Message with your details and I'll pick this up.

- Rebeka