cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet sim with iphone 4s

FIXED
skyblue67

Plusnet sim with iphone 4s

My son uses my old iphone 4S with a life mobile sim. I pay £4.95 per month for 500gb data but he always exceeds this so I want to upgrade to the £7.50/month tariff and get 1gb data which is sufficient. The iphone isn't 4G compatible but I presumed the new sim would just work on 3G. However when I called Plusnet to buy a new sim I was told I couldn't have one as the phone is not 4G compatible, is this true?  

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
RJM
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet sim with iphone 4s

Well, that does seem strange.

If an "4G" signal wasn't available in a certain area on a "4G" enabled phone then, it would go over to "3G" automatically.

Perhaps somebody with more knowledge in this area give you a definite answer?

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Fix

I asked on chat if the sims were compatible if the phone wasn't 4G and was told yes they are.

Mav
Fixes: 515

My wife has the Samsung S3 (i9300) which is not 4G and the Plusnet SIM work just fine but, obviously, at 3G speeds.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

skyblue67

Thanks for the replies. I thought it was odd that the call centre operatives would make that claim, a bit worrying if they don't know what they are talking about. I spoke to two people who both told me the same thing, effectively I would have to buy my son a new 4G phone!