cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet sim only with Apple Watch

lyndaa54

Plusnet sim only with Apple Watch

I currently have an EE contract for my phone which I pay £17.99 a month for and a rolling contract with EE for my Apple watch cellular data for £5 a month.
Does anybody have any experience or know if you can have the watch contract with EE for £5 still and change the phone contract to Plusnet sim which uses the EE network for £7 a month? Will this work or am I stuck with no options with EE direct? Any help gratefully received
5 REPLIES 5
LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Plusnet sim only with Apple Watch

Hi lyndaa54!

From what you have said, I am assuming that there shouldn't be a problem with you taking out a SIM with us and keeping your rolling contract for your Apple Watch.

Of course, I cannot guarantee this, as I am unsure of how the contracts work on EE for an apple watch. If the rolling contract is at all linked with your handset one, I would assume you would need to remain on the handset contract to keep your Apple Watch one. The thing is, as much as we use the EE network, it is not possible to mix & match their deals with ours per-say, as we are completely separate companies and with us being an MVNO we do not have all the same access and functionality as EE themselves.

However, if the handset contract is separate, and the Apple Watch is a rolling deal, then I assume you should be able to keep your Apple Watch contract and take out a SIM or Handset deal elsewhere.

It may even be worth raising this over on the EE forum, as they will be able to give a more accurate and definitive response about their own contracts and products etc, and then at least you know how best to proceed with this Smiley

If you need any assistance with anything, please don't hesitate to send me a Private Message and I will be sure to pick this up and help out in any way I can, Lynda Smiley

Thanks - Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi Lyndaa54,

It appears to depend on which version of Apple watch you have and how you wish to use the apple watch.

If you have an apple watch 3, which you want to be able to use "stand alone" (without pairing it to your iphone) then only EE can support it.

https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/apple-watch-3-in-the-uk-what-you-need-to-know-about-using-4g-lte/

It looks like the EE £5 charge for your Apple watch is for the stand alone capability. Do you use this mode or are you happy to pair the watch with an iphone?

Regards

Richard

lyndaa54

Thank you Richard, I do use it as a stand-alone without the phone which I find useful when out running. I think I’ll just have to swallow EE’s cost of £22 a month, even though I’ve bought my phone
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

If your out of Contract with ee for your phone, then it would be worth contacting EE  and asking for a better deal. They will often give you a  discount off the monthly rolling charge.

lyndaa54

Thanks, I’ll try that when my contract comes up