cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet sim card not working in my Samsung 7edge

Angelamac

Plusnet sim card not working in my Samsung 7edge

I was previously with tesco mobile and the say the handset is unlocked. I get message saying sim not registered or Sim PUK to unlock done this and still not working. I put the sim in an unlocked iPhone and it works fine but this isn't the phone I want to use.
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Plusnet sim card not working in my Samsung 7edge

Sounds like Tesco are telling you porkies and the phone isn't unlocked. Was the phone originally bought from Tesco ?

Did they provide an Unlock code when you asked for it ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Angelamac,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are facing with regards to your handset not accepting your Plusnet sim without a PUK code. I do apologise for the frustration caused.

So we can investigate this for you, could you PM me:

- The make and model of the handset you wish to use

- Your full name

- Your mobile number

Thank you.

Angelamac

The phone was my sons and he was with 02 and it was them that unlocked it for me to use my tesco sim. 

Angelamac

No code from them when I called and gave them my imei number she said it was showing unlocked and told me to go back to plusnet

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Angelamac,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this is causing you. I've checked your account and I can't see anything from this side that would be stopping the SIM from working. As the SIM is working in your other handset, this suggests that this handset isn't fully unlocked.

Please can you contact your previous provider again and request an unlock code?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Angelamac

The phone was my sons and he was with 02 and it was them that unlocked it for me to use my tesco sim.

Moving from O2 to Tesco wouldn't require the phone to be unlocked, since Tesco use the O2 network.

No code from them when I called and gave them my imei number she said it was showing unlocked and told me to go back to plusnet

Since the phone wasn't originally bought from Tesco it probably doesn't show on their systems and so they are assuming it's unlocked.

Was the phone originally on O2 PAYG or on a contract ?

My guess is that the phone is still locked to the O2 network.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Tesco use O2 as their provider, so it would suggest that the phone isn't fully unlocked for all networks. You can get unlock codes online, I believe you can also request them from Samsung direct.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Angelamac, as some of the others have suggested it sounds like you will need to go to the provider where the phone originally came from and get them to unlock it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Angelamac,

My friend had a similar problem with a locked phone and was messed about being told different stories and nothing getting done

I took the phone to a local market phone " We unlock phones" stall  where they unlocked the phone for £5

Took the new sim card with me to make sure the unlocking worked ok

The phone is still working on the new provider no problems

Brian A

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

From this https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1... it would appear that have been problems getting O2 phones unlocked

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Probably no help for the op but in these days of 3G 4G I've noticed a few quirks on some phones with O2 sims (and probably others using their network).

You put a sim in looks fine dials ok but the call times out and fails to connect. Phone then set to 2G only and it now works fine. Network changed back to auto 2G 3G 4G and the phone carries on working ok from this point onwards.

Angelamac

Thanks I think I will have to take it to someone I do feel as if I am getting messed about.