Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet say NO to existing customer for 20GB data for £10

FIXED
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Plusnet say NO to existing customer for 20GB data for £10

Just saw that offer deal online: https://www.plus.net/mobile/deals/10/20GB/unl/unl/March21 and call plusnet to upgrade new plan but shocked they refused as saying this is for new customer only. I am very angry and find it disgust! They say NO to existing customer because in the past it always accepted but this time they saying NO.

Not happy at all. I will be leaving plusnet. Their loss!

17 REPLIES 17
Bluecat2
Grafter

Re: Plusnet say NO to existing customer for 20GB data for £10

I also see that offer and called to change plan, as an existing PN Broadband customer mine should be 22gb, but once again hit the  "new customer only offer" I really thought that PN was better than this to existing loyal customers, but seem that the customer service team say its not on the computer you can't have it........ frustrating and disappointing that a new customer can get such a cracking deal.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi, 

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy about this. 

In the same link that you provided above, it does state;

"Available to new Plusnet Mobile customers signing up via www.plus.net/mobile/deals/10/20GB/unl/unl/March21 between 12th of March 2021 and the 31st of March 2021."

Apologies that you are not happy with this fact, however, certain offers and deals are indeed for new customers as is common place across multiple industries and companies. Offers and deals change regularly, and you will have benefited from a new customer offer/deal when you initially signed up. 

We have lots of offers and abilities for current customers to make the most of their service and accounts as well.  

Kind Regards,

Alisdair

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

😡

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy about this. 

In the same link that you provided above, it does state;

"Available to new Plusnet Mobile customers signing up via www.plus.net/mobile/deals/10/20GB/unl/unl/March21 between 12th of March 2021 and the 31st of March 2021."

We have lots of offers and abilities for current customers to make the most of their service and accounts as well.  

If you scroll down and expand "here's the legal bit" - that's a bit disingenuous - that kind of information should be front and centre.

I can't even find something that says "already with us, here are some good deals" - it implies these are the only ones on offer.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Seem pretty daft but they told me on the phone call the only way is to order new sim card 22GB data as a plusnet broadand customer **that would class as existing customer!** otherwise 20GB data for new customer. They say to me order new sim card and then cancel your old sim only but the phone number (same mobile number) can't be transfer. Bit daft to be honest!

Bluecat2
Grafter

Its daft because it gets customers backs up, just love the "sorry to hear your unhappy" comment.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Bluecat2 wrote:

# just love the "sorry to hear your unhappy" comment.

That "sorry"  is a standard "chaff" message churned out by EVERY customer service agent in EVERY customer service department.......

It is not  " heartfelt "   nor is is genuine.... it is the first line of the script....  and probably in oversize bold type. to be emphasised, a soon as someone complains..

It means ...

absolutley NAFF ALL...

If they really ARE sorry... then you , the customer, would expect them to actually do something to change the status quo to make you feel that

PlusNet will do you proud,.......

instead .. what they are really saying, is.....    We`ll do you........

and

"That`ll do "............................... 

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Surely though it serves to low the temperature.

Justified or not I'm sure when we have had a complaint levelled at us we've responded with "sorry to hear that..." but yes, it can grate it you hear if far to many times to the point where it becomes totally meaningless.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I think it was down to ee telling plusnet not to offer this to existing customer. I remember the deal in the past with sim only deal 15GB for £10 a month as a broadband customer for existing customer has accepted by plusnet. But not anymore because I am the existing broadband customer should be offer me this 22GB data deal.

Anyway soon my contract end in June I am leaving plusnet both Broadband and Mobile to elsewhere.

Plusnet you are disgrace and no longer want you as a loyalty customer.

Plusnet are finished for me.
Bluecat2
Grafter

Can't disagree with any of the comments and the meaningless "I'm sorry" 

So the question I ask, as a existing mobile and broadband customer (with two mobiles) can I / will you offer me the same deal 22gb for £10 or make a goodwill gesture to improve what I already have .?

Mav
Fixes: 515

@goldenfibre wrote:
Anyway soon my contract end in June I am leaving plusnet both Broadband and Mobile to elsewhere.

Loyalty works two ways, doesn't it?

They way I see it these days so many people seem to want it now and as cheap as possible no matter what the commodity. But what if you are offered the deal in question then a better one for existing customers comes along a little later would you then not be up-in-arms about that?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Bluecat2
Grafter

Good news, common sense has prevailed and this offer is now open yo existing customers too, do either 20 or 22gb if you have PN broadband 

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Finally at last. Plusnet making the right decision because it hurt the existing customers badly. Well done plusnet for u turn.