cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet ruining my credit file!!!

davidma76

Plusnet ruining my credit file!!!

Help please!

I was a plusnet customer but left around August/September 2016 due to an email received re changes to the contract. I opted out, did everything correctly by giving customer support notice etc. Migrated to another provider etc. Today I checked my credit file and there's months of notes from plusnet re not paying for the service, this was news to me!!!!!!!

I have tried calling customer support which was a waste of time, the girl told me it was a mobile contract. I never had mobile with plusnet, just bb and line rental. Obviously this is also very hard to track down because I no longer have access to my account because it was closed. Can someone assist me with this please and have this removed from my record? I don't even have the account number or username anymore for the bb package but I'm sure you can search by name and address or phone number despite what the rather unhelpful customer support woman told me.

5 REPLIES 5
davidma76

Re: Plusnet ruining my credit file!!!

In fact looking at my bank statements I didn't even have an account with plusnet during this time so why there are marks on my credit file is beyond me!!!! It was in my mothers name at her address but the above still applies re opting out of the contract.

davidma76

Anyone care to assist?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @davidma76, apologies for the delayed response.

Looking over your old phone/broadband account, I can't see anything out of place or any record to suggest that any fees were passed over to a debt recovery agency. The account seems to have been closed appropriately with no early termination fees due to the price rise, along with a refund for over subscription payments.

While I appreciate you said you've never had mobile with us, did you ever have Life Mobile at any point?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator Note by Dick (Strat)

Moved to Mobile board at PN request.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Hi davidma76

Sorry to hear this has been the source of some confusion for you, and I'm keen to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible.

If you could please send me a Private Message with your full name and address, I can begin to investigate.

-Mike