Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet mobile,poor signal at home

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Plusnet mobile,poor signal at home

@JPT wrote:

We are in the same boat.  Moved from O2 to Plusnet but signal, inside and outside, is very poor.  Will try contacting the mobile support team but not hopeful.

@JPT 

The problem can only be fixed by a new mast nearer to your location or a more favourable location.

You can't improve the signal by polishing the SIM card chip & all the other weird things that you might be told to try.

The signal is what it is.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @JPT I am sorry about the issues you are having with your mobile phone signal. 

Have you used our local cover checker and network status? you can enter your details by Clicking Here

If there are no known issues, can you please Private Message me with your full name, mobile number and home address so I can investigate the matter further.

Please comment on this thread post once you have sent me a Private Message.

Many thanks.

japitts
Rising Star

@caravanj wrote:

@JPT wrote:

We are in the same boat.  Moved from O2 to Plusnet but signal, inside and outside, is very poor.  Will try contacting the mobile support team but not hopeful.

@JPT 

The problem can only be fixed by a new mast nearer to your location or a more favourable location.

You can't improve the signal by polishing the SIM card chip & all the other weird things that you might be told to try.

The signal is what it is.

And therein lies the nub. If you're prepared to pay a little bit more for your mobile service, then the big-4 have extra indoor and rural coverage solutions that can help if you're in a poor signal area.

EE does have more 4G coverage overall than O2, but EE's low-band frequencies & WiFi-solutions that are better at indoors and rural coverage, are restricted to EE-direct. That's well-documented on this forum.

Ultimately the big-4 networks tend to cost more than PlusNet etc, so customers have to make choices bearing all this in mind.

David24
Dabbler

Same problem, was with EE where I got 4G at home, now I get “No Service” to just 1 bar on iPhone 6 & 11. Added to that, my number has not been ported properly so while I can just about make calls, I can’t receive any! So when I have the Plusnet CSR complaining that she can’t hear me and they’ll call me back tomorrow it shows they just don’t care enough to have checked the reported problem and certainly can’t call me until they fix the incoming call problem. So far 14 days without service and no end in sight. Truly hopeless, 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @David24

We'll reply to your thread over Here shortly regarding this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Skills88

Just moved one of 2 phones to plusnet. Very poor service in home.  I can see a Cisco Femtocell Router on aby for £20. Shuld this be configuerable to provide a signal boost (my other phone is still on Virgin, so both are EE. Plusnet is my ISP).

Cheers

John

p.s. If not, does anybody know what signal boosting kit should work?

japitts
Rising Star

Short answer is no.

If you have poor indoor coverage, then you need to factor this into your choice of provider. Either choosing a network with indoor coverage, or one that has WiFi calling or signal boxes.

I appreciate this may have cost implications, but that's then a choice that you have to make.