cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet mobile,poor signal at home

pjrhapsody
Hooked

Plusnet mobile,poor signal at home

We have moved to plusnet mobile just over a week ,we checked their coverage for our area RG120UL,prior to changing it said excellent for all ,yet in reality we have one bar if we are lucky. We have seen the posts from two years ago thought they might have an issue.SadSad

Any advice would be helpful our 02 signal was not a problem Smiley

21 REPLIES 21
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Plusnet mobile,poor signal at home

Hey @pjrhapsody,

Great to hear you've moved across to our mobile services!

Really sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with signal on your side, despite seeing excellent coverage over our website.

Are you noticing the signal issue inside your home or outside?

Thanks.

pjrhapsody
Hooked

We have 1.bar on iphone or android inside and only 2 bars just outside
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @pjrhapsody

Really sorry to hear this - if you want to pop the details of your account across via a PM we'll be happy to take a look at this for you.

Alternatively, rather than doing security via a PM back and forth, our mobile team will be able to investigate this and raise it to our network team as necessary on 0800 079 1133.

Whichever is best for you!

Kind regards,

Dave

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Those coverage checkers are very unreliable, as you have found out.

The best thing, I have discovered, is to get a free, usually payg, sim from each network or providers who "piggyback" a network as PN use EE.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

The problem is that EE use the 800MHz band which gives a good coverage but EE don't allow  Plusnet to use 800MHz so the EE coverage checker can be very misleading.

I suggest that the OP uses the Opensignal coverage checker which is by far the most accurate.

https://www.opensignal.com/networks

pjrhapsody
Hooked

I looked at the ofcom checker for mobile signal inside and outside for 02 and ee. It shows a very poor internal signal for a large part of the area of Bracknell yet 02 my previous supplier. Shows as good . Plusnet checker is next to useless at highlighting a problem
If i had known there was a problem i would have thought twice about signing up
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

We had  no 2G / 4G indoors & poor 2G / no 4G outdoors with Plusnet but we changed to giffgaff (O2 ) & we get good 2G & 4G indoors & outdoors.

pjrhapsody
Hooked

Yeah
We moved from 02 sucked in by the offer not realizing there were signal issues😢
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

HI @pjrhapsody, I'm really sorry for the issues you've been having. As @RandallFlagg mentioned, if you send us a PM with your details (as detailed below) we'd be happy to take a look at this for you.

- The mobile number in question

- Your full name and address including postcode

- Are you the account holder?

If you do send us a PM, just pop a message on here to let us know and we'll pick it up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
pjrhapsody
Hooked

I sent a personal message to randall a few days ago the only bit i left off was i’m the account holder for both numbers in the reply
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @pjrhapsody

I'm really sorry to hear about your signal issues. 

Please be aware that with these type of queries we're limited on what we can advise and do from our end. 

Please contact the Mobile technical support team by dialling 500 from your handset. 

Kind regards

Ollie 

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

@pjrhapsody  Hi, unfortunately there's nothing that can be done to improve a poor signal, short of EE installing a new mast near to you. A poor signal is a poor signal is a poor signal. 

pjrhapsody
Hooked

Yeah without stating the obvious plusnets coverage says should be good, you need to take that down and let it reflect the true signal for the bracknell area and not decieve potential customers.
JPT

We are in the same boat.  Moved from O2 to Plusnet but signal, inside and outside, is very poor.  Will try contacting the mobile support team but not hopeful.