cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet mobile does not support shortcodes to sms!

sjeffree

Re: Plusnet mobile does not support shortcodes to sms!

Please add me to the list of otherwise satisfied customers who would like the feature of sending to shortcodes to be implemented

steve27
Dabbler

I posted on this when I 1st joined plusnet and was actually accused of being a troll,still can't believe it isn't implemented:-

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/short-number-texts/td-p/1403112

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

You were quite correctly called a troll because you were accusing everybody that fell for one of the numerous scams that short codes enable of being dim.
This forum will undoubtedly be full of complaints if/when short codes are enabled due to these scams.
Sadclient
Grafter

I think we have to face the fact that PN have no intention of implementing support for shortcode sms. They dont seem to believe that the majority of their customers (not to mention potential customers) actually want the choice of enabling this feature. Or perhaps they dont care or, more likely, they can not provide the feature for technical or financial reasons. I guess we shalnever know since PN are not forthcoming or consistant in their explanations and reasoning. They dont even like it widely known or talked about! One thing is certain though, it has absolutely nothing to do with their riduculous, arogant and insulting, earlier claims about somehow protecting customers from high bills and scammers!

As for you being labelled a troll, I wouldn't worry about that at all. I started this thread very early on and have posted several times on the same subject. I have had a number of rude insults thrown at me from the very same contributor who insulted you. The person is very rude and confrontational but is of no consequence as he talks nonsense most of the time and his arguments make no sense, he appears to think that PN can do no wrong, loves the sight of his own writtings, and like most bullys, is arrogant and offensive but above all he's mostly wrong! He actually called me a "liar" once (among other things) and has already had a number of posts removed because of insulting language. 
This is a free and open forum, you can express your honest views and opinions, others may disagree but you should not expect to be called names or have insults thrown at you. People who resort to insult have lost the argument and have nothing sensible or relevant to say.
I support your right to free (but polite) speech, good luck to you 🙂

steve27
Dabbler

Not really worth replying to,obviously this person cannot read or interprets what is written differently to what was put,but here goes

this is what I wrote:-

If you are completely dim then perhaps they are "the work of the devil" but if you are of normal intelligence they are a convenient way to do lots of things,why should I have to look for another method to give feeback to the NHS or reply to my bank when they contact me using one of these,with my previous supplier they were just counted as normal texts but even if they aren't and are classed as  premium rate why should they be blocked on mass,same with 0800  and other numbersthat the govt made mobiles make free,unless you ask for non-geographical  numbersto be activated,they are also not available!

in reply to this post:-

There are other ways to give feedback ... short number texts are the work of the devil!

Wibblyp
Rising Star

Personally I'd like short code texts. Let's put it to the vote and if we get 51.8% in favour of short codes then everyone will be required to switch to an alternate provider, dance around the Blarney Stone and snuggle up to Trumps Punani whilst whistling Dixey.

steve27
Dabbler

that isn't how referendums work,if individuals want to leave then no vote is needed,you just move somewhere that suits your needs,a referendum could be used to change company policy though??Thumbs_Up

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Wibblyp
Rising Star

Let's assume that Plusnet mobile have 500000 customers, ten of us then vote on short sms with 6 in favour, does that not therefore mean that the other 499990 are then required to do as previously described ?

steve27
Dabbler

described in what way?do you know how a referendum type vote works? an invitation to vote(by plusnet in this case) has to be sent to everybody the outcome would affect, in this case the entire customer base of plusnet mobile,there are probably rules regarding the min response to invite as well,bit like trade union ballots and it would have to arranged by plusnet to be anything like binding,we as customers(or anybody really) can organise votes amongst ourselves on any issue we like but would not be binding in any way at all

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Sadclient
Grafter

Anyway, whatever. Let's say that after fully researching and understanding the available facts, evaluating the ins-and-outs, the pros and cons, the pitfalls, potentials, possibilities, disadvantages and advantages, 51.8% do, then, intelligently and with very careful consideration often over several years, decide to vote "YES".
Well then the remaining 48.2% will likely demand another vote on the ascertion that the winning side did not "understand what they were voting for" or that they were somehow "sold a lie" as this seems how many people in the UK now think referendums are supposed to work!
When you cant see an immediate or short term personal benefit or improvement to your life, when it all seems too complicated and too much hard work for now, never mind future generations, you need to discount and discredit outcomes and keep calling for more and more referendums until you get the result you want. This is apparently what some believe to be the new style of British democracy!  😉

All joking asside, there will be no vote's and no short code sms with PN because they wont or cant provide it and the only choice their customers have is to "suck it up" or leave!

Donnab73

Well goodbye plus net. Now my contracts up I've gone to three. Better reception and also. Can use the short codes. Makes life so much easier with banking doctors etc.
bristolash91
Grafter

i agree we all need this please plusnet