Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet mobile coming 29th November

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Plusnet mobile coming 29th November

PN mobile is launching  on the 29th of this month.

So potentially even greater wait times on the phone.

Seems Plusnet is buying Lifemobile
https://lifemobile.co.uk/Info/PlusnetFAQ

Regards
Mike

What’s happening?

On 29th November, LIFE Mobile are joining forces with Plusnet, the award-winning phone and broadband company, to launch Plusnet Mobile.

Who are Plusnet?

Plusnet are a friendly, no-nonsense, award-winning communications provider. Born back in 1997, Plusnet has a simple belief that everyone deserves to pay a fair price and still get great customer service. They provide broadband, home phone and TV to customers up and down the country, and pride themselves on going that extra mile for their customers. They can’t help but help!

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/plusnet-timeline/

Why are LIFE and Plusnet joining up?

LIFE Mobile have joined forces with Plusnet to make sure that our customers continue to get great value tariffs along with award-winning customer service. We’ve worked together to make fantastic 4G plans which will be available to you. Plus you’ll have access to more great value products and special offers – we’ll tell you more about these over the coming weeks.

What does this mean for my contract?

On 29th November, you’ll officially become a Plusnet Mobile customer and your contract will be transferred to Plusnet plc from EE Limited trading as LIFE Mobile.

All this means is you’ll pay Plusnet Mobile instead of LIFE Mobile and all the services you get will be provided by Plusnet.

We’ve also worked with Plusnet to create simple, easy to understand terms and conditions. We both wanted to give you as much notice of these as possible, so these won’t take effect until 1st January but a copy is available here.

Will I need to do anything on 29th November?

There’s nothing that you need to do. The switchover will be seamless!

On 29th November, your mobile service will continue as normal and you’ll still be able to make and receive calls, send texts and browse the web. The only changes you’ll see are the network carrier name changing on your mobile from LIFE Mobile to Plusnet, and emails about your account coming from Plusnet Mobile instead of LIFE.

How do I get 4G?

Plusnet Mobile can unlock your 4G world. All the great value Plusnet Mobile plans are 4G. If you’re interested in one of these plans, head over to pre-register and check these out.

Will any of my account information be affected?

All your account information will remain as it is today but your information will be transferred to Plusnet (in legal speak, they’ll become the “data controller”) so they can continue to provide the service to you.

Plusnet will continue to keep it and all your personal information secure and will use it for the same purposes as before.

There’s nothing for you to do, just continue to use your tariff as you want.

What will happen to my bills?

From the 29th November your bills will come from Plusnet Mobile instead of LIFE Mobile. Your payment details and dates won’t change and provided you stay on the same plan your Smart cap will remain at the amount you have set.

How do I access My Account?

Don’t worry, you’ll still have access to ‘My Account’ so you can keep on top of everything. Up until 29th November you can still use the link myaccount.lifemobile.co.uk. Then, from 29th November, you’ll be redirected to the new looking Plusnet Mobile ‘My Account.’ Here’s the link to this if you want to get ahead of the game and save it www.plus.net/my-account/mobile/home You’ll be able to log in here, using your existing details, from 29th November.

Are there any change in the tariffs LIFE Mobile provide?

There will be new 4G plans available to LIFE customers when we launch on 29th November, but if you’re happy with your current plan then there’s no need to change.

If you’ve got a handset or SIM plan where you’re still within your minimum contract period and you’re interested in a new plan there’s a few things you need to know:

• You’ll still be able to move between the current family of handset or minimum term tariffs. This is in line with the same rules that apply today.
  • To get one of the new 30 day SIM only plans, you might need to pay an early cancellation charge, and then you can switch to a super new plan! Just contact the LIFE Mobile Team.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

42 REPLIES 42
kbturner
Grafter

Re: Plusnet mobile coming 29th November

I have a PAYG mobile phone with Orange;  when using it at home, the network has variously been indicated on the handset over the years as Orange, EE, and more latterly Life.

Signal strength at my home base has fluctuated wildly, and after a period of almost zero strength I was recommended to get a new SIM card from Orange;  the new SIM card duly solved the signal strength problem, but now my handset indicated Life.

Will I end up as a Plusnet Mobile user, or remain with Orange?   

JonJon
Grafter

Looks promising - like GiffGaff, but with cheaper tariffs & customer support if you need it...

I'm tempted, depending on what EE signal is like around here.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Oh dear 😳
PN mobile ,,,,,,, will just put more strain on the already overloaded CS.
Bad move
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I remember a time when Plusnet were a down to earth belt n braces company that just did t'internet and nowt else, no flashy add campaigns, no nonsense, just a logo splashed across the local footy teams shirt, advertising was spread by word of mouth, and positive, genuinely positive reviews on various websites/forums/message boards, the bloke in the pub and so on 

A customer support system where you could see stats such as calls waiting, average wait times, webcams so you could even see inside the place you were calling and so on (if you could get online)

And now what, yet another  MVNO phone network on the way offering not alot or anything special compared to whats already out there adding to the already crowded MVNO market, Plusnet would be better focusing on improving their stretched CS department and investing in the basics, instead of joining an already huge list of mobile phone virtual networks, list below ( taken from Wikkipedia ) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_Kingdom_mobile_virtual_network_operators

1pMobile
AfriMobile
Age UK My Phone
Airwave Smart Mobile
Anywhere Sim
Asda Mobile
Auracall Travel Talk
Axis Telecom
Believe Mobile
Bemilo
BT
C4C Mobile
Candy Telecom
Champions Mobile
Chromebook 3G SIM
Cloud SIM (Cloud SIM App)
CTExcelbiz
Delight Mobile
Digital Phone
Econet Mobile
FreedomPop
Fonome Mobile
Gamma Telecom
360Coms Telecom
Go Mobile
iD Mobile
Jadoo Mobile
Jump
giffgaff
GT Mobile
HP Mobile Connect
KC Mobile
Kingdom Mobile
Krisant Telecom
Kontakt Mobile
Lebara Mobile
Lomo Mobile
Lycamobile
Matrix Cellular
Meem Mobile
Mobilek
MTel
Natterbox
NordTelekom
Now PAYG
Pebble Mobile Network
Piranha Mobile Ltd
Plusnet Mobile
Shebang (PG Mobile)
Simwood
Talk Home Mobile
Talkmobile
TalkTalk Mobile
Telfoni
Tello
Tesco Mobile
The People's Operator
The Phone Co-op
Truphone
U2i Mobile
Telecom Plus
Vectone Mobile
Virgin Mobile
VoIP.co.uk
Rok Mobile
Food Mobile
White Calling

And to complete the list there's also the main networks:

EE

O2

Three

Vodafone

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I hope the new Mobile service will not be using the out dated Plusnet back-office systems. Embarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

waynepyrah
Grafter

I seriously hope its a different customer services team.  The call volumes at the moment are ridiculous.

JonJon
Grafter

Why do you need customer service for a mobile phone?  Once they've ported your number, how often, realistically, do you call them?  I've been with GiffGaff for years without any CS, and didn't need them.

However, PN are proposing a cheaper deal than GiffGaff, so I'll have to see what the EE signal is like (GiffGaff is on O2).

beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

EE - the only network where I still have to hang out of the back bedroom window to get a decent signal Sad Like the prices though

waynepyrah
Grafter

Questions like...

Why have I been charged for this call
How much is roaming in the US
I have no signal
My 3g isn't working

Etc

They'll be getting quite a few calls no doubt especially from new users.

All depends how good the website is I guess and whether they take emails or tickets or stick to live chat and the never ending queue.
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

I am an existing Life Mobile customer.  From talking to the guys there it appears that life mobile is staying as is, and is merely being re-branded as PlusNet Mobile.  I have been told that my direct debit will remain separate and that customer services will still be provided by the existing life mobile team, who I must say, when I have contacted them have been excellent.

My only comment so far is it's a shame that the new Plusnet mobile tariffs are no where near as competitive as Life Mobile.

kdhuk
Grafter

Plusnet is not technically buying Lifemobile.................Both companies are owned by BT so this is more of a rebranding of a subsidary and then a big marketing push probably in response to the imminnent arrival of Skymobile.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Basically, big brother BT have said to PN we are using your name for one of our mobile phone services 😤
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Sky are now also doing the mobile thing... https://www.sky.com/mobileregister

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Plus net can't even get their web mail working properly for nearly a year.  How are they going to cope with issues with Mobile network and telephony?  I wonder.  I am really disappointed so far with their approach to ongoing issue/s with their Web Mail.