cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet messing up credit file

Svenskidoo

Plusnet messing up credit file

Hi,

Last month my wife received out of the blue an entry on her credit report for £34.00 for Plusnet. She promptly contacted Plusnet and was told they didn't have any record of her having any service with them, or at the address. They mentioned a couple of other brands, one being Life Mobile, however could see nothing.

My wife contacted Exquifax whom advised they couldn't do anything as the data was supplied by the lender. 

My wife has now received an update from Clearscore advising that her next credit report will be adversely affected by a comms provider showing arrears.

We've done a trawl through years of emails to make sure we haven't had anything from Plusnet.

My wife has found that she did apply for a mobile from Life Mobile back in 2013 but then cancelled it literally minutes after. She isn't sure why, either buyer's remorse or the fact that it couldn't be delivered at a time when she wasn't at work. I think she ended up with 3 instead.

She received an email in July 2013 about taking a payment of £21.5, then in 5th of December 2013 to say another payment of 0. My wife emailed back to advise that she'd never had an account setup and received an email from Life Mobile (name of representative available) confirming that no further correspondence would be sent. 

She has checked her bank account and can see no payments taken for Life Mobile or Plusnet.

Fast forward to September 2019 and all of a sudden Plusnet appears on her credit file. Neither she nor I have ever had any service with Plusnet and the Life Mobile is the only connection we can see.

A quick internet search suggests that this is a regular thing for Plusnet. A live chat session with Plusnet resulted in being told that they (Plusnet) cannot do anything.

Please confirm best course of action to get this resolved quickly, otherwise we may have to seek legal action to prevent further damage to her credit file.

9 REPLIES 9
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Plusnet messing up credit file

Put it in dispute with the credit agencies. They then have to investigate with the provider. Is it a default or a missed payment? While the situation is ongoing, you can also add a notice of correction on your file explaining the circumstances, this can be removed once settled. It also means any lender has to read the file notice before making a lending decision and then make a decision. You shouldn't have to do this at all, hopefully one of the reps will pop up and look into it asap.

Svenskidoo

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. 

She is in the process now of taking this very seriously and is looking to put a note on her file whilst this is dealt with.

Now that the account is showing in her file it seems to have been created in 2013 (which would tie in with when my wife applied for and then cancelled a mobile order) and it shows "payments" up to date until August 2019 - which then got flagged in her September credit report.

At the moment I'm presuming it is just a missed payment, and will probably show one for September as well when she gets her updated report in a day or so. 

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I don't know if you are aware that Plusnet did take over Life Mobile some time ago. I used to be a customer but cancelled with Life Mobile just befor the take over.

It was sorted out eventually by one of the PN reps on here. I was receiving bills from Plusnet for a service I no longer had. Each time the bill was cancelled with a promise that it was sorted out and still they came!

Fortunately it didn't go as far as your situation but I'm sure it is a legacy from the Life Mobile demise, your wife's brief time with them and the take over/buy out.

Hopefully one of PN's reps will pick this up.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Svenskidoo, thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear that this has happened.

Without an account it's going to be difficult for us to locate what's gone wrong although I'm hopeful of locating the 'account' and getting everything resolved.

With that in mind, can you please PM me:

- Your wife's full name

- The postcode that you'd have been at when the order was made/cancelled

Thanks,

Svenskidoo

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I've sent you a PM which I hope gives you enough info.

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Svenskidoo I'll message you back shortly

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Heard anything yet @Svenskidoo ?

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@RobC We've arranged for this to be sorted out and I've messaged the OP privately.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Been on watchdog or rip off Britain hasn't it?

- ISP's dumping on peoples credit files and not sorting it

Under investigation with major issues for the perpetrators likely to result, especially those who don't address it/fob off when its questioned by the people affected.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots