cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet lost my number

SqueezedOut
Dabbler

Plusnet lost my number

I find it appalling that you offer no satisfactory compensation options.

I was offered 5 months of complimentary service by customer services. I have lost business and now have to have all my vinyl wrapped vehicle liveries to change, not to mention all the promotional material sited around the county that will have to be reprinted and redistributed.

When I ported my number to Plusnet everything went smoothly for the first month. Then I changed my direct debit the following month and at this point Plusnet systems started me on a new number which ported on top of the old one.

'Lost' they told me. No way back. Sorry for the inconvenience.

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY OLD NUMBER!!!!!

The number I ported successfully is now part of your allocation and you can't find it????

What a clumsy, useless operation you run. How can you not find a number that's in your system? Is your IT department that useless???

How many other people have been palmed-off the same way I have?

Your operation is disgraceful. I have called and waited for hours to get through to customer services for a follow up and have now given up.

I have had no email service from your elevated customer services dept and have waited patiently for 2 weeks.

The next step is to go legal and start the proceedings for compensation guided by the fair overview of an ombudsman.

It will take ages, but time is what ive got, and all the while I will comment on all social media channels, with first hand truth, about the sorry experience, that sits at the end of a phone line called Plusnet Mobile.

'Plusnet - We'll do you over'

16 REPLIES 16
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Plusnet lost my number

You used a personal mobile account instead of a business one, that's entirely down to you. Ofcom or the courts will be a total waste of money on your part.

SqueezedOut
Dabbler

Oh. That's really helpful

If I was a business customer they would not have lost it?Huh

Colin_Maybe
Pro

If you were a business customer on a business contract (I don't think PN do that) then you would possibly be due compensation more in order with your supposed losses.

SqueezedOut
Dabbler

Are you qualified to say that?

A loss is just the same and the liability if you are responsible there in is also the same.

They must be insured to indemnify any claim. Personal or business.

What you are suggesting is that they have no cover for personal customers which is absurd. Sorry

Colin_Maybe
Pro

Personal customers who are using the service for business? Probably not, exactly the same as car insurance for instance.

SqueezedOut
Dabbler

Thanks for your input but taking your example of car insurance is an odd view and is not similar in context.

In comparison, vehicle Third Party Public liability is the same for both business and personal and is then extended to cover the vehicle not the driver and not the same as Professional Indemnity.

Driving a car covered with a business policy does not restrict its used to be driven during business hours or by employees of the company only as a pool car unless it is the sole property of the company.

The parallel is Plusnet didnt lose my phone which belonged to them, they lost my number.

Colin_Maybe
Pro

I can only presume you're deliberately misunderstanding now.

My point is that you're threatening to take them to court because you've lost business and it's costing you money. The simple facts of the matter are that you used a personal mobile contract for business use rather than a business one. I don't believe you have any comeback.

SqueezedOut
Dabbler

Apologies. Your car insurance analogy is so far off the mark - it cant be misunderstood.

Loss is not determinable by personal or business use.

To clarify your position.

Imagine lending the Mona Lisa to an art gallery. They lose it.

Using your pretext they turn round to you and say, 'Sorry, we owe you nothing because you should have told us you were lending it to us as a business.'

If Plusnet cant find and replace my number then they need to compensate its value, which can be measured.

Just as the value of a car is increased if it has a full dealer service history, metalic paint, leather seats, abs etc.

I understand your ideas are not the opinion of Plusnet, as you are not an employee. Thanks Colin

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Flagged by SU's for a more adequate response by PN

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi  SqueezedOut,

I'm very sorry you've had some issues with your number, this certainly isn't what we want and we fully understand that compensation is required in a situation such as this. 

Once a number is ported over with a new number, there's unfortunately no way to retrieve the original number as this is now inactive. We appreciate the inconvenience this would cause and are happy to compensate you for use of your personal number. 

However as stated in our terms and conditions which can be found here: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/mobile-terms/, Plusnet as a network provider does not support business phones and such cannot compensate for loss of business or any other losses incurred through using your personal Plusnet number as a business number. 

You can find this in our Terms and Conditions which states: 

4. Your use of the services

4.1. You must:

4.1.1. only use the services for personal use (so you can’t use the services to run your own business although occasionally accessing work emails is okay)

Upon taking out a contract with Plusnet Mobile you agree to use the number for personal use only and as such any loss of business cannot be compensated for. 

Once we again we apolagise for the inconvenience caused on out part and are more than happy to compensate you for this issue on a personal usage basis. 

SqueezedOut
Dabbler

Hi Sarah

Thanks for this response and the abstract from the T&Cs.

Where do we start placing a value on a lost number?

If this was a child that had been killed, you can imagine the uproar, so excuse me if I seem direct. I know you were not personally responsible.

Firstly, when is my old number due to be resequenced in the allocation register - this means the numbers that EE have allocated Plusnet under their agreement?

I say this because I have worked with big data and I know my number is not lost. You just dont have a procedure to find it.

Colin_Maybe
Pro

If this was a child that had been killed, you can imagine the uproar, so excuse me if I seem direct

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

As for the value of a lost number it would appear to be '5 months of complimentary service' which is what you were offered. (not 100% sure what that means though, free for 5 months?)

SqueezedOut
Dabbler

Dear Colin

I can see you are finding it difficult to fathom that there is any value to losing a number.

Sarah.. whos words would have been reassuringly pleasing to you, has sent an abstract of the T&Cs which indicate how they would like to run the accounts. The law stands to supersede any agreement which is disputed.

In my example, a phone number is very much like a child, it is born, it is fed, grows up over the years and is recognised and soon you will learn acquires knowledge. There are years of investment put into continuing a service for the life of that number. It is an extension of yourself and to those people who recognise that number as you via messages, marketing and publicity. Correct me if im wrong.

Plusnet just killed my number. Do you understand?

SqueezedOut
Dabbler

Also, Plusnet did not pass on any complimentary service. They have now cut me off.

I have still had no reply from [Email address removed] and after a 2+ hour online chat that went nowhere.

So where does that leave me.

SarahStewart is the first real response of any value that I have had from Plusnet, which after 4 weeks is in my view not where a national company should be.

Did you know that the ASA (Advertising Standards Association) only needs one complaint to open an investigation.

If Plusnet wish to do me proud they need to get their skates on. Substantiating the evidence will not be a problem.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Email address removed at the request of a staff member..