cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet just not working - please help!

Oakmoss

Plusnet just not working - please help!

Hi all

My husband and I recently purchased a SIM only deal each from Plusnet.

I dont know if we are doing something wrong but its just not working for us. Despite having a signal, emails and FB notifications are not coming through. Even at home when connected to the WIFI.

My husband is unable to dial out or send texts despite the fact that our account is fine and all paid etc.

We both have Windows phones and have just upgraded to Windows 10 but the problems with Plusnet pre date this.

Can anyone help please? Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Plusnet just not working - please help!

Hi Oakmoss,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a glitch with your service and I'd like to help with this. 

First of all, the issue with your notifications for Email and Facebook, sound as though they are a handset issue. You may need to alter the notifications settings on your handset itself.

With regards to your service, you can try the following steps:

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on again

By doing so, this will refresh the signal to the SIM card. 

You may also need to delete any previous profiles saved onto the handset form your previous provider, as this may interfere with your current network. 

Finally, you can try manually searching for a network and establish a connection.

If you require any further help with regards to your handset itself, be sure to let me know the manufacturer and I can provide you with a contact number. Any further queries with the network, send me a private message and I can certainly look into this further for you!

- Rebeka Smiley

Oakmoss

Thank you for your reply.

We have already tried all you have suggested but it hasn't solved the problem. I have now read through some posts on this forum and can see we are not alone in experiencing these issues. We never had any of these issues with our previous provided and now regret switching to Plusnet.

How do we go about obtaining our PAC codes please so we can switch to another provider?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Are the phones locked to your previous provider?

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Oakmoss,

If you send me a private message, I'll be able to access your account and look into this further for you. 

- Rebeka 

Oakmoss

No, our phones are not locked to another provider.

They worked fine for a few days but now they dont Sad

Oakmoss

Thanks Rebeka but we just want ot know how to get the PAC codes please.

We have contacted Plusnet Customer Services twice now and as well as being unfriendly and abrupt they couldnt seem to have cared less. We don't wish to stay with Plusnet.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I do apologise for this. If you send me a private message, I can order a replacement SIM card for you and hopefully this will fix the issue otherwise, if you still wish to leave, you can give our Cancellations Team a call on 0800 079 1133.

- Rebeka