Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet issues porting numbers

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Plusnet porting number issue

I'm really sorry to hear the issue is still impacting your Father-in-law, I can see you have messaged on Facebook also and Sammy has picked this up for you. She'll be back in touch via Facebook soon. 

I'm so sorry for the continued disruption caused. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
T-Wizz

Hi @LaurenB,

I'm another that is affected.  Having been pleased with PN broadband service, I signed up for mobile SIM-only offer on 14 April, with a promise I'd be ported from EE on 20 April (Easter intervened).  I've been half-ported since then: old number still working for calls and inbound texts, but no outbound texts or data.  EE account shows as closed.

New SIM with temporary number appears to work, but can't send texts or connect to data/internet.

I again raised the issue with your mobile call centre on Saturday 30 April - operator said he'd send over all details to 'management' to review.

Still waiting I'm afraid - can you look at this for me please?

Thanks in advance.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @T-Wizz, I'm really sorry that you too are impacted by this issue still and for the continued problems this is causing. 

It sounds like this has already been raised, though if you can please PM your full name and mobile number, I can take a further look at this for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Obiwan23
Hooked

Still no joy with my father-in-laws SIM. He's been told 'another 7 working days' which will be over a month with no working phone, for something that should be done in 24hrs. Having now been told this a number of times I'm not confident that it is something that can be fixed at all. Not sure where we stand with ditching PN altogether and going to another provider? What would happen if we gave the PAC code to another provider?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @Obiwan23, Sammy has picked up your message on Facebook and will respond to you shortly. 

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
T-Wizz

Good Morning @LaurenB @adamwalker - things have happened this morning!  Texts and data now work, the new SIM looks like it's using my ported number, although the SIM status info still shows my temporary number. 😀

Shame it had to take 19 days though... 🤔

Thank you both for your assistance.

Tony H.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Phew! I'm glad to see that's sorted, it's likely that settings for your SIM on the phone will show the temporary number that was previously applied to the SIM but if the ported number is working for calls and texts that's the main thing. Cheers for your patience whilst we've worked through this.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
J_T_R

I was hopeful reading the above successes, however I am still waiting. My number was ported on 3rd May and has not worked since then (problem reported 4th May). I have now swapped to a temporary PAYG SIM so I can keep in touch when out of WiFi range. How much longer will this take to get sorted?
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @J_T_R, thanks for getting in touch. I am really sorry that you are still experiencing an issue and for the impact this is having. Sounds like it's been a nightmare!

Can you please send me over a PM with your Mobile Number and full name so I can take a further look at this for you? Can you please also confirm that you have recently rebooted the handset with our SIM in it?

(to send a PM, click on my name and then to the right, there will be a grey button to 'send private message' and in the message please include a link to this thread)

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
J_T_R

I don't see the option to send a pm. Do I have to post more messages first?
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry about that, can you try now you've posted again please?

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
J_T_R

I just ranked up to Browser but still no pm option.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for letting me know, I've just had a check of your profile and you should now be able to PM, can you let me know if you're still having an issue?

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
webchuzz
Dabbler

I'm also waiting on my number port to happen today.

My previous SIM has already stopped working this morning but the number has yet to transfer to my Plusnet SIM.

What kind of time frame can I expect for this process to finish? I heavily rely on my number as it is needed for communications and two-factor authentication across several important services.

Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

Yes, same here, I am also supposed to port today. Old SIM went dead early this morning (and the account deactivated) but the new Plusnet one is still on the temporary number at 6.30pm.

Please note, that it’s not often practical to ‘simply use the new temporary number’. With so many logins using 2 factor logins, you can have a lot of important stuff that simply can’t be accessed without a working mobile service.

I wish I’d read this thread before making the move.

cheers

Andy