cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet issues porting numbers

Jeff09
Hooked

Re: Plusnet porting number issue

The question you should be asking is why was you allowed to attempt  to switch to  Plusnet when the switching service has been down since 12th April?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Plusnet issues porting numbers

As per my signature super users are not staff. We do have communication channels into the business, but separate from that we have good insight into how various things happen in the IT industry.

Whilst such does not and cannot fix issues, sometimes illumination can be helpful. I cannot envisage how frustrating and inconvenient this is to those affected, but with some understanding of how this space works and decades of experience running big IT systems I can imagine that resolution of this is outside of the direct control of any single MVNO.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

5_9_4_2

You can make a (tenuous) case that fixing this promptly and providing an ETA is beyond Plusnet, but informing customers is certainly their responsibility. I am aware there is an issue only because I've looked into it myself, Plusnet haven't informed me of any problem.

As people have previously mentioned, they haven't given new customers key information that there is a problem before they take out a contract. If there was a notification or message that EE customers moving to Plusnet would be stuck with no / minimal service and no access to their previous number for an unknown period of time, I'm sure myself and many others would have just stayed put and would still have service now. The oldest reports of this issue are before many of us moved to Plusnet.
thelank2000
Dabbler

I'm another, both I and my wife signed up last week, our numbers "ported" last Thursday, and by the end of Thursday we had no data service and our old provider EE had closed our accounts. We have been left utterly frustrated by just being told we don't know. 

2 weeks for any company to still be saying we have no ETA is unacceptable! and no mention that they had issues porting please don't port yet is not on. Plusnet should be in constant contact with the 3rd party to get updates for the customers. I have worked in the IT industry for many years and understand system complexity all too well but when critical incidents happen the first thing set up is communication channels for regular updates. The world is full of super-intelligent people that will have an idea of what the issue is and how to solve it. Someone somewhere knows they just don't want to say.

I have made sure I rang and got the call recorded so that if this doesn't get resolved within my 14-day cooling-off period I can still cancel once it is resolved. We are stuck at the moment because moving we would not be able to get a PAC to transfer the numbers.

And rest assured the first thing I am doing once resolved is leaving.

I advise you all to also add Trustpilot reviews to warn any other potential customers of this shambolic outfit.

Bino

PLUSNET is by far the worst service provider. How can they call them selves as a Service provider. PLUSNET is a JOKE!!

pieterv
Dabbler

Another porting issue

Like several other people posting here, I am having issues with my number port from EE to Plusnet. Port didn't happen, texts and date don't work. I am unreachable.

The port didn't happen on the day it was supposed to happen (despite texts saying it would). First time I contacted support I was just told to wait. Second time they actually took my details and looked into my account, and said that it had been started a bit later then expected, and to give it 24h. Nothing happened, so contacting support again, to be told that actually I had been given wrong information and there was an issue with no estimated date for a solution.

I spoke to a manager who explained a bit more, and put me on a mailing list that would send updates (not terribly reassuring, seems to suggest this is going to take a while).

The explanation was that Plusnet depends on another business doing the number transfers. That is all very well, but the thing that really bugs me is that, judging from other posts here, this issue has been going on for a while. They were certainly aware of it when I signed up, but there was no warning that there might be an issue with number porting. Had I known this I certainly would have waited. And this is on Plusnet themselves, not another company.

Furthermore, Plusnet is not proactive trying to reduce the impact on customers. They could offer to send out another sim to use temporarily, so that we at least have a working mobile (albeit with a different number). Instead it is up to me to order a SIM (with another provider!) on a months's contract, to use until this is resolved. And of course at my own expense.

Very poor service.

pieterv
Dabbler

I am in the same boat.

Indeed makes you wonder why do they still let people sign up and request a number transfer without warning them?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hey all,

I'm genuinely sorry for the issues with your number ports, we are working hard to fix as soon as possible.

In the meantime, can you private message me, or private message us via Twitter or Facebook the following info?

Porting number:

Temporary number:

Mobile handset IMEI:

Once you've PM'd me/us, drop a reply onto this thread and I'll get it picked up. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Re: Another porting issue

Really sorry for the issues. Sad We’re genuinely actively investigating the problem to fix as soon as possible. 

In the meantime, can you private message me, or private message us via Twitter or Facebook the following info?

Your full name:

Porting number:

Temporary number:

Mobile handset IMEI:

Once you've PM'd me/us, drop a reply onto this thread and I'll get it picked up. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Harryb0807

Why have you only just decided to reply to this thread, when there was clearly people posting and replying in the other thread for two weeks!?
pieterv
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

Can't seem to send PM.

pieterv
Dabbler

just a post to try and get PM privileges.

pieterv
Dabbler

How many posts do I need to have made before PM works?

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If you haven’t been able to private message me, do you have Facebook or Twitter? That may be easier and if so, send us a private message there mentioning me then post back and I’ll get it picked up for you Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We’ve been incredibly busy over the last few days and before that, staff coverage in this board wasn’t great as it wasn’t fed into our internal response system for agents to see (Which we primarily use for social media posts).

I’m not intentionally ignoring people and I have been replying to other similar threads, for example Here.

But we’re absolutely still aware there’s a problem we’ve logged which we’re working on getting to the bottom of as soon as possible, but if you can provide the above details in a private message this may speed things up. 

If you can’t PM me as I know others have noted they’re having issues also, do you have Facebook or Twitter? If so, send us a private message there mentioning me then post back and I’ll get it picked up for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet