cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet issues porting numbers

leftfork
Hooked

Plusnet issues porting numbers

I requested a number port on the morning of Tuesday 12th April.  I received a text and email stating the request was confirmed and will complete Wednesday 13th April. 

On Wednesday evening I received a text stating that the port will complete soon.  However, I am still awaiting this service.

I called customer service yesterday (Monday 18th April) and spoke to a lovely woman but unfortunately all she could tell me, after consulting with her manager, was that:

• There is a technical issue on plusnet side which many people are waiting for a number port
  • There is no time scale as to when the port may complete

Meanwhile, my children return to school today, I have invoices to pay but I can’t because I need mobile authentication, hospital appointments where confirmation is sent by text as well as deliveries expected.

I’m disappointed with this service as I chose you over other providers due to your good broadband service.  I may now have to consider going elsewhere for both services.

109 REPLIES 109
HSBC

Re: Plusnet issues porting numbers

Hi, I to am having the same problems you are. Been waiting a week,phoning every day, to be told its an external company that is causing the issue. An issue as been raised but no time frame given on when my old number will working! Wish I had never changed. I agree the customer service staff are lovely. I can only use the default number to phone. I have no data,unless WiFi. No text. Not a good start to a company I thought would do better.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I've just been through a similar porting delay - not Plusnet. Coincidentally PAC submitted 12th, message that port had started 13th. It completed yesterday. Whether because I contacted the gaining provider yesterday morning (online chat service - please note Plusnet!) or because of Easter weekend delays, don't know.

Only a suggestion, but your "old" number and it's associated account will possibly still work until the port has completed. Mine did and I was able to use the "old" provider until yesterday afternoon. I didn't install/use the new s.i.m. until the old service didn't work and a number transfer confirmation was received.

This is a long drawn out post to suggest trying your old s.i.m. until the port has completed.

Harryb0807

I too have been having this issue, and has now plaster almost two weeks. When I first got the SIM card I had everything working straight away, data, texts etc, but since they started to port my old number I haven’t been able to send text messages or use data. I can still make and receive phone calls but on the plusnet number.

I have spoken to a few nice people on the phone at plusnet, one suggested sending me a replacement sim (but been told this will not fix the issue). Have now been told it’s an issue with the porting process and they don’t know when it will be fixed.
njohn

Same here I'm afraid.

I've moved 4 sims (the whole family) over to Plusnet about 4 days ago. Everything was just fine until I kicked of the number porting process.

Since then, only thing we can do is make and receive calls using a number that nobody knows!!

As usual, the support team were friendly, but ultimately unable to do anything. 

The really annoying aspect is that why are they still allowing people to start the port process knowing that this is what awaits them. 

It's completely unacceptable to not know when it will be fixed.

Tags (1)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

There is an extant issue in the porting system which is under investigation.  It certainly impacts Plusnet porting requests and might well impact other MVNOs as well.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

leftfork
Hooked

Thanks for this newagetraveller.
I put my old sim back in the same day I posted this forum on the off chance and it does still work partially.  I can still call people . I can also receive texts (pay bills) but not send them!  Very confusing.

liz08077726
Hooked

Plusnet porting number issue

I am switching my number from EE to Plusnet. I received a text and an email to confirm the porting/switching will be complete on 20/04/2022. 

On 20/04/2022, I received a text stating that the port will complete soon, but since then I can't access the internet, and the number still shows the new one when I make a phone call for testing.

Meanwhile, my Plusnet account and my mobile number(setting in iPhone) show the old number.

EE has confirmed that my account has been closed, and no service since 20/04/2022, but today I insert the old EE sim card into my iPhone, and my mobile shows 3G service without internet access.

I have recently switched my other sim card to Three, and the process is smooth, with no delay at all.

I called customer service and the staff told me that there is a technical issue with the porting system on the Plusnet side and no time scale as to when the port may complete. I didn't have any mobile internet access in the past few days when I go to work, it's frustrating. 

If I request the PAC code from Plusnet today, is the PAC code for my old sim or for the new sim?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Plusnet porting number issue

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Mobile Tech Help

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the issue with your number port and your mobile doesn't work now. We're aware of a problem affecting a number of people we've got logged as an incident and investigating to fix as soon as possible. 

I don't know at this stage if the ported number can be ported out through a PAC to another provider, but I've asked the question to our second line support team and I should know at some point next week whether that is possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
profarc

Hi - has anyone just left Plusnet and joined another provider? I'm thinking of doing this as I really don't have the effort to waste. I have important calls to make and receive and need internet int his modern life. I'm just concerned, if I leave, will it complicate things more and potentially lose my number?

profarc

Any update on this? Can I port my number out to another provider? I'm also having issues with you porting my number over. I don't have the time or energy to waste with Plusnet.

njohn

If, like me, you've started the porting process, I think the original number is caught up in the porting process so jumping ship now won't help much...

Regardless of the underlying cause, I do feel Plusnet are skirting their responsibilities to their customers. I would expect at the very least them to offer to send out a new set of sims (for free) to at least give us back data & SMS services. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

New SIMS are not going to address any issue with the numbers stuck in the back end systems of the external porting service.

For clarity, this issue is not within Plusnet's business systems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BJS1664

Thanks for the clarification Townman. 

I'm a new customer also experiencing this issue: My old number is stuck somewhere between EE and Plusnet, and my new Plusnet number doens't allow me to send SMS or use mobile data... Not ideal at all! 

You say this issue doesn't lie within Plusnet's systems (which may well be true) but as Plusnet customers we current have Plusnet products that are basically unusable due to this issue!  What can we, as customers, do to push for resolution of our issues?