cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet incapable of cancelling contract

SteveMiffed

Plusnet incapable of cancelling contract

I cancelled my account 28th Jan Plusnet still collecting direct debit in March. Called 4 times now every time say account will close but still open! Absolute shambles of a company. Requested call back from a manager, asked fir email confirmation still nothing. Now waiting for Ofcom to investigate, suggest anyone having similar issues tag onto this then can escalate to Ofcom. 

16 REPLIES 16
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Plusnet incapable of cancelling contract

Hi @SteveMiffed, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry for the issues you have had with the cancellation of your services. We'd be happy to look into this for you. Could you please private message:

-your full name
-your full address including postcode
-your mobile number

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
SteveMiffed

Just sent a PM let's see if after 2 months Plusnet can finally resolve the issues and close my account. If anyone needs to complain I would also suggest using resolver website as you can log and track your complaint then escalate to the ombudsman when Plusnet fail to resolve. 

Jpreston
Hooked

I too have had the same issue! Gave notification back in January after several phone calls and promises plusnet still taking money and sending me messages to say my account is now restricted or that they have re instructed the direct debit, lots of phone calls wasting my time to be fobbed off please just close the account I too have contacted Ofcom as it’s now beyond ridiculous
Jpreston
Hooked

I too will use resolver and instruct them to chase as Plusnet obviously can’t
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @SteveMiffed

Thanks for the PM. 

Just for full DPA confirmation, are you able to PM me the 2nd and 4th character from the answer to the account security question "Your Memorable Place" ? 

Kind Regards, 

MoR 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that @SteveMiffed

So it looks like you spoke to someone in the Mobile Team yesterday and the organised a BACs payment for you to cover the erroneous charge. 

Checking the account i can confirm it is ceased and there should be no further correspondence / invoices generated against it. 

If you do receive anything, however, please get in touch immediately and we can address this. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR 

Jpreston
Hooked

Please could you have the courtesy to contact me to resolve?
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Jpreston 

If you could PM me; 

-  your full name

-  your full address including postcode

-  your mobile number

I'd be more than happy to take a look into your account as well. 

Thanks, 

MoR

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that @Jpreston 

Can you also PM me characters 1 & 4 from the answer to the account security question "Your Memorable Place" ? 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

SteveMiffed

Despite your comments earlier today the account is still active?! Also not received any notification regarding refunding what I am owed.
Jpreston
Hooked

Me too, seems they like to make it look like we’ve been helped, however more fobbing off by plusnet! Why am I surprised?
Only way forward is Ofcom and let them try and sort this sorry unnecessary mess out?
Jpreston
Hooked

What does make for interesting reading material is looking at other posts relating to people asking for help resolving queries the number of people with resolved issues are very few!
What’s happened to plusnet? It used to be great customer service? It no longer does me proud but does my head in!!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@SteveMiffed - I've just checked and the account is showing that it's in the process of being closed down. 

@Jpreston I can see you queried this with us a few days ago and as per the advice we gave the account is in the process of closing and no further payments will be taken. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with though.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jpreston
Hooked

Although this may be the case from your point of view Adam, why am I still getting emails 3 months after I cancelled saying my direct debit has been re instated? Why am I getting messages saying my service is restricted? This should have been closed in February? I have done my bit? I’m not confident at all that the account is closed, I will no doubt be having to ring again spending ages being told the same thing to only find nothing has happened and as for refund I’m still waiting for one from January’s mistake!!!!