cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet have ruined my credit rating for£22

Lesraff120_

Plusnet have ruined my credit rating for£22

Plusnet have put an unpaid bill for £22 on my credit file and it has been there for the last 4 years. Making my credit score very low and high risk. Since I don't bother with applying for credit cards etc I didn'y know this was on my credit file. This is really devastating. We have a 1year old son who we were looking forward to getting him into his own bedroom. Now I am staying at my parents house who are 75 years old and my partner is staying with his parents. Also in their 70's. We have sold our house recently and went for a mortgage on a new house and we have been rejected. Can someone from Plusnet help us here and sort this out. My memory tells me I was arguing against the 22 quid for the fact that I didn't owe it in the first place but eventually I gave in due to the hassle from letters etc. Please please help. We need this removed as a matter of urgency in order that we can move into a new home. My name is [Removed] and my phone number is [Removed]

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Plusnet have ruined my credit rating for£22

Thanks for your post @Lesraff120_ and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see the issues you've had. If we've made an error we'll absolutely do what we can to put things right.

I'd need a few more details first though to get this raised for further investigation.

Can you drop me a PM with your full address you were living at when you signed up with us?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@Gandalf 

Hi. Shouldn't the OP's details be removed?

Dave

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

I reported the post for just that minutes after it was posed, @daveplus  - no action so far.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from My Account / Billing to Mobile

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Lesraff120_

There seems to be a lot of people in this situation. I don't understand why they are doing this to folk. When I am reading other posts its the same. Final bills for like less than £20 being put on credit files. In reality this is ruining lives and I am not a drama queen but we have lost out on a house we really loved for £22. I would pay it ten times over if they wanted at the time. Just shocking.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

If you owe them money I would have thought any decent company would write to you twice stating how much you owe and the way to pay it.

The second letter would be in red as a final warning and giving you a fixed number of days to pay up.

The law should be changed to make this mandatory, nothing should go on a credit file without you being informed about it.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to me @Lesraff120_ 

Again if we've made an error, we'll do what we can to put things right however please bear in mind we do send out regular emails/text notifications if a payment has failed (generally as a result of a cancelled direct debit)

I'll message you back next week as soon as I know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet