cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet have ruined my credit rating and won’t fix it for a month

Listay123

Plusnet have ruined my credit rating and won’t fix it for a month

I closed a Plusnet mobile phone account a year ago. The final bill shows my balance was £0. I have now been turned down for a mortgage because Plusnet have recorded an outstanding ongoing £11 bill. I have called customer services and been told they have filled in a form to clear this debt from my credit rating but it will take 28 days. This means I can’t get a mortgage and my house purchase will fall through. Is there any way I can speed this process up? Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Plusnet have ruined my credit rating and won’t fix it for a month

Hi Listay123, i'm sorry to hear about this.

I'm afraid we'd be unable to speed up this process via our end however, I would advise to contact your Credit Reference Agency and raise a direct dispute with them. 

I must advise, that if the bank processing your mortgage application has used a separate Credit Reference Agency to your own, to contact their Agency and raise a dispute with them aswel. 

- Rebeka 

Listay123

Thanks Rebeka, I have checked and Santander use Experian so I have raised a dispute with them. However whilst this is being sorted out, I am going to need to borrow money at a much higher rate. Will Plusnet reimburse me for this extra cost? I will be referring Plusnet to CISAS and the Financial Ombudsman. In addition, I believe I can also complain to the ICO since Plusnet reported a negative credit rating to the CRAs without informing me.
Please can you send me the email address for your complaints department as I don’t have much faith in the various people in your customer service department?
Thanks
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Listay123,

There are different methods of raising a formal complaint with us, these can be found within our Complaints Code Of Practice here: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/.

I would advise to give us a call on 500 free from the SIM, or 0800 079 1133 and ask to speak with a manager directly, as this is the quickest form of contact. If a manager cannot resolve this for you, you can then request for this to be escalated to our Complaints Team. 

I hope this helps.

- Rebeka 

Listay123

Thanks Rebeka. I have spent 45 minutes on the phone to [CSA Removed], who spoke to her manager [CSA Removed] a number of times but he refused to speak to me. I am yet again waiting for a call back.
Can you suggest anything else?
Thanks
Lisa

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Lisa, 

If a manager call back has been arranged, I can assure you that he will be in touch with you in due course. 

If you've not received a call by 5pm, I would advise to get back in touch with us.

- Rebeka