cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet have damaged my credit score

Katewhittlesey

Plusnet have damaged my credit score

I took out a Sim deal with plus net in approximately June 2020 that could be cancelled anytime. After a few months I called Plus Net to cancel (didn't have mobile number to hand but used address) and was told the phone number had been cancelled and for me to cancel direct debit. I cancelled direct debit and as far as I was concerned that was it... How get mistaken was I!

No letters, nothing. A few months later I log onto my credit reference and it comes up as flagged. I called them straight away and they said it had been sent to a credit recovery agency as payment for a few months had been missed. I immediately cleared this and got in touch with plus net to complain- as far as I am concerned this was their error. I have never had adverse credit scores or debt collection so was shocked and rather then fight it with plusnet I paid immediately to 'just clear it'.

Move onto recently... mortgage application going through and we get a phone call saying we can't move forward due to a negative adverse payment due to Plusnet. It is saying this is open, last updated by plus net in Sept 21.

I have never had negative score or adverse issues. Plusnet .. You have lost me a house, resulted in huge problems personally and I am beyond livid. This is YOUR error and heard nothing from you in a year to even say this is still open.

I don't even know where to go from here... Can anyone help? Legal route? Something so simple has lost me some much all because plus net and they systems.
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Plusnet have damaged my credit score

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from My Account / Billing to Mobile

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Katewhittlesey

Can anyone help?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Katewhittlesey

I'm really sorry to see what's happened.

I suspect it was caused by the direct debit being cancelled before your account was fully terminated. If we gave you that advice then it'd absolutely be our error. Can you private message me the following information so I can take a closer look?

+Your mobile number
+Your full name
+Your full address
+Are you the account holder?
+Your date of birth
+Last 2 digits of your bank account number
+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet