cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet frequencies for voice and data

EM1

Plusnet frequencies for voice and data

Hi

I recently got a Plusnet mobile SIM and I am getting reception outside my house (2bars) but poor voice and data reception inside the house.

looking at getting a signal booster / repeater with an aerial outside the house to address this.

I'd like to know what frequencys Plusnet use for voice calls and for data but would predominantly be interested in boosting the frequency for voice calls in the house.

I read somewhere else that Plusnet don't have access to the 800mhz frequency that EE use. if this is correct what frequency do plusnet used for voice call.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Plusnet frequencies for voice and data

Hi @EM1 and welcome to the forums!

Dependent on your mobile phone manufacturer there are different ways to check this information.

iPhone / Samsung:
1. Turn off WiFi and ensure mobile data is turned on.
2. Dial *3001#12345#* which will display frequency information.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
EM1

Hi

Thank you for your reply

After activating service mode on my phone it informed me that I was using Band 3 and stated that this was 20mhz which I found confusing because I thought Band 3 was 1800mhz. See attached screenshot.

From this information do you think I would be best to try and 1800mhz booster aerial?

Thanks

Ewan
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @EM1,

While we cannot confirm this we can advise to check our further forums posts on queries similar to this and research further.