cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet error 38

Dark007

Plusnet error 38

Hi, I'm getting plusnet error 38 when trying to send an sms message. This is a repeatable problem. Can someone help?
6 REPLIES 6
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Plusnet error 38

Since SMS messages are chargeable do you have credit ti pay for it?

If so then try rebooting the phone.

Dark007

Ha weird. A reboot actually worked! Problem solved!

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Smiley I nicked it off a Giffgaff forum.

Axolotl
Grafter

I'm getting this problem on Plusnet today. Can receive SMS o.k. but get error 38 when i try to reply / send. (Moto G5). Has been working fine for a couple of months til now.

Tried power off and back on, same problem. Good job it is a dual SIM phone, so have been using Giffgaff Sim instead.

Is there a known Plusnet network issue today (17 August)?

Any other suggested remedies?

Any meaningful explanation as to why this happens?

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

If you have a spare phone available, then I would try to swap the sims over and text from there. Just to rule it out being an account problem and not being a phone one.

Also try people on different physical networks as a test. I had a problem where I was texting someone. Got no errors. They didn't get my texts but it was getting theirs which caused some confusion.

I would imagine there is not a PlusNet problem (though they may clarify), but it could be related to your account. If it wasn't I think there would be many more complaints on here.

If you think it is, raise a ticket (or whatever new name they call it now).

Axolotl
Grafter

Thanks for your suggestions.

The problem simply went away of its own accord over the weekend.

Apart from rebooting my phone (which I had already tried and had no effect), I didn't have to do anything to make it work again. I went away over the weekend with my phone, which would have moved me into some unfamiliar cells on Plusnet's network, but apart from that, no explanation. I'm back at home now and there are no error 38s when I reply to texts.

From other posts here and on other mobile providers' sites, it seems it "just happens" every now and then for a lot of people.

I hate it when something has no explanation. Someone somewhere must know what an error 38 actually means, and what causes it.

Things like swapping SIMs may appear to solve the problem, but don't help identify what the actual problem is, if you see what I mean.

Thanks again.