cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet does not work in Bosnia

sirgoldi
Hooked

Plusnet does not work in Bosnia

Shorty speaking, I have no access to network in Bosnia since I arrived here a few days ago. Not at all. There is simply no signal and when I try to change it manually, all networks are restricted. I am quite sure it's a Bosnia issue as I was close to Montenegro for a few minutes and signal appeared straight away. Checked on two phones. Zero signal.

I was calling customer service, they changed my Smart Cap to £10 but it changed nothing.

Apparently Plusnet has no access to Bosnian network. Why Bosnia is not on a list of restricted countries?

The worst thing I can't accept any of my bank transfers, authorize transactions etc. Really dissapointed. Never experienced such a problem with other network.

6 REPLIES 6
sirgoldi
Hooked

Re: Plusnet does not work in Bosnia

Hello, any advice?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @sirgoldi, thanks for getting in touch. I hope you are enjoying your time away! 

I'm so sorry for the issues you are having with the mobile service whilst you are away and for the impact this is having, I can imagine it must be frustrating not being able to access the apps you need. 

I have raised a query to our second line support for you to check if we do have any roaming agreements there, as I'm actually unsure to be honest! In the meantime, can you please pop me over a PM with your mobile number and full name? (to send a PM, click on my name and then to the right, there will be a grey button to 'send private message' and in the message please include a link to this thread)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Neilp9876

Any update on this?

I have the same issue, no connection in Bosnia.
Croatia was fine and Montenegro is fine, why is Bosnia not working or on the restricted list?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

We do have roaming agreements in Bosnia with three network providers:

• BH TELECOM
  • M:tel
  • HT Eronet

Can you manually connect onto any of these networks? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Neilp9876

I have tried all 3 on mine and my wife's phone k both plusnet).

We get the same response... "Your SIM card does not allow this connection"
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Could you private message me your mobile numbers and full name so I can take a closer look?

Although even if I can get it working for you, it's probably worth me noting that it'll cost you £6 per MB of data, £1.45 a minute to make a call and 90 pence to receive a call/send a text, which is fairly pricey (in my opinion). We go into more detail here https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/roaming-and-international-calls/

So personally I would look at buying a local SIM while you're out there. It's what I do when I go away outside of the EU. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet