cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet destroying my credit file since 2016 and won't tell me how to clear the unpaid bill

thecoyote99

Plusnet destroying my credit file since 2016 and won't tell me how to clear the unpaid bill

This is an utter joke. I must have applied for a life mobile account in 2016 and to this day I still have a £27 arrears being reported every single month to the credit agencies. It is slaughtering my credit rating. I've phoned Plusnet who say they've no idea....... You guys bought life mobile so its YOU who keeps reporting to my credit file that im missing a payment even tho there is no way to pay it. Customer support is clueless so this is my last hope. I want to pay this £27 and shut down this credit file crusher now.

Moderators Note: Personal information removed image removed as staff have seen it. 

9 REPLIES 9
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Plusnet destroying my credit file since 2016 and won't tell me how to clear the unpaid bill

Blimey heck. Same as me too. My direct debit was all paid in full for my mobile last month, December and November.

Clearscore has sent me email to say Plusnet has informed credit filing that I went unpaid as missing payment. Called up plusnet mobile as they checked my account as they say there seem no problem in my account as there aren't any missing payment and will sent my complaints to plusnet to get this resolved asap as I was very angry as it does affect my credit rating -15 points take away because of missed payment which my direct debit already paid up to dates.

Not happy with plusnet as they seem mess up credit files. I urgent everyone to check their credit file as your could be next victim!

@thecoyote99 you want to edit out your home address in your image photo don't want to show public your home address!

thecoyote99

Re: Plusnet destroying my credit file since 2016 and won't tell me how to clear the unpaid bill

Cant figure out how to without deleting the post. Im not really bothered tbh. Im more bothered this is ruining my credit file every month and these clowns cant even find my account to close it

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, a search against the postcode has found an account straight away for me. 

Could you send me private message along with the mobile number so I can go over some account security checks and look into this with you?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I have PM you Adam with my mobile number (please discard my PM as Gandalf will sort it out for me) Thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks goldenfibre, I've just sent you a reply. - Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
thecoyote99

This is actually a joke. I know it's not Adams fault as he's just following procedure. I have not used this account in 5 or 6 years and they cant pass security with me cuz I cant tell what numbers Ive called?. I dont think ive even ever used it. I just want to pay the bill and close the account. This is damaging my credit file. The account should be CLOSED and passed to debt collection. It should not be classed as still LIVE if i have no way to access it

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Make a formal complaint, wait the 8 weeks then go to the ombudsman. Not sure which one PN are a member of, but they have to be a member of one of them. Next, write to the credit agencies and lodge a notice of correction. Here you can explain the circumstances behind the problem Credit companies are not allowed to automatically refuse an application with a correction notice, they have to be manually reviewed.

thecoyote99

Thank you mate thats what ill do
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

But, if wait for 8 weeks for ombudsman but the credit file will added into your name as bad negative if no response or action within the first 28 days, after that, it will stay on your credit file for 7 years (can't be undone or removed) I would contact plusnet mobile and also contact Clearscore or Equifax whichever provided you are with to get this case resolved within 28 days!