cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet SIM to test coverage - how to cancel?

FIXED
Phil_Cleary
Grafter

Plusnet SIM to test coverage - how to cancel?

A friend (who's also a Plusnet broadband customer) is moving to a house with no 02 coverage. The house is in a dip so coverage maps aren't reliable.

The simplest way I can think of to test coverage before picking a new mobile provider is to get 30 day PAYG sims for Plusnet (EE), ID Mobile (Three) and Voxi (Vodafone) and cancel two of them before the 2nd month's payment is taken.

Plusnet's terms & conditions seem to want 30 days notice, so does this mean that to avoid paying for the second month we'll have to cancel on the same day as registering the SIM just to be sure?

Or am I making this too complicated? Can we just cancel within 14 days and get a refund?

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Plusnet SIM to test coverage - how to cancel?

Fix

Hi @Phil_Cleary thanks for getting in touch. While we'd ask for 30 days notice to process cancellations, if you're within 14 days from when you signed up, you'd be able to cancel immediately for a full refund. Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Phil_Cleary
Grafter

Thanks @Gandalf - good to have that confirmed.

Meanwhile I've figured out how to check if there is any signal at all from each network (but not quality of signal) so I can reduce the number of SIMs I need to try. In Android 8 it's: Network & Internet > Mobile Network > Advanced > turn off 'automatically select network', which brings up a network list.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem and sounds good.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet