cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet RUINING my credit rating

Joshsulli14

Plusnet RUINING my credit rating

I have had a a Plusnet missed payment on my credit file for well over a year now (only £103) which I have tried to pay off on over 5 occasions by calling the Plusnet billing team, however as it’s such an old Plusnet account from so long ago, no one can find my account on the system and I’m not being contacted by any third parties to get this settled. No one at Plusnet knows which third party it might be that want this sum. I need this removed from my credit file as I’m planning to obtain a mortgage and this is holding me back. All I want to do is just pay this £103 and be on my way!!!! Ridiculous!!!!!
6 REPLIES 6
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Plusnet RUINING my credit rating

If it is on your credit file, the name of the company that put it there will also show. If not, contact the agency and ask who provided the information and ask for their contact information. You could also add a "Notice of Correction" to your file and refer to the problem. Whilst it won't clear the entry, it will prevent a automated potential refusal as it will be referred for a decision. A person will then decide if the issue is a problem.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Joshsulli14

I'm really sorry to hear about this and we'd like to investigate. Can you please confirm via PM if this is a Mobile account or Broadband account? 

If Mobile, please provide your: 

Full Name: 

Address: 

Postcode: 

Mobile Number: 

Confirm you are the account holder: 

If this is a broadband account, please just PM your account username. 

Please let us know via this post once you have sent a PM and we will get back to you accordingly. 

Kind Regards

Joshsulli14

Just sent you a personal message with my details Ollie, please let me know if you can find anything?
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thanks for getting back to us @Joshsulli14,

I've now replied via PM, once you've sent a response back please give us a nudge here.

Thanks.

Joshsulli14

Just replied! *nudge*
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Joshsulli14

I'm really sorry but we have been unable to locate the account you are referring to. In this instance, I think it is best to call in and speak with our Mobile Cancellations team.

You can reach them on: 0800 079 1133

Kind regards