cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Mobile website deals different to 'upgrade' options on app

FIXED
danlat1415

Plusnet Mobile website deals different to 'upgrade' options on app

I'm trying to change my current Plusnet mobile contract to a different deal.
I've chosen one from the Plusnet Mobile website (inc 2GB extra for broadband customers), however, first - the 2GB extra allowance is not shown in my upgrade options either on the website login or mobile app.
Secondly, the prices/rates available in the upgrade section are different (lower data and higher prices!?) Than on the Plusnet Mobile website current deals.

This is very frustrating, as it makes it difficult to upgrade/change contract - and gives more expensive and less attractive 'upgrade' options when going through the app or account login.

Am I able to contact a Plusnet member on here to change my contract? I don't like calls.
5 REPLIES 5
hollylizy
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet Mobile website deals different to 'upgrade' options on app

We're actually in the same position as you.

My partner and I have seen a really good deal but we can't change it in the app or through the website because it doesn't show up there.

Here is the link to the deal page. https://www.plus.net/mobile/30Day-CUG

Basically we are both wanting to change to the £8 per month 18GB Deal.

Surely there is another way to change plans without having to wait endlessly on call in a que Sad Online chat doesn't load for me anymore as far as I can tell.

danlat1415

I've ended up deciding to leave Plusnet and move to ID Mobile instead.

I've been with the previously (they use the Three network).

I went for 12GB data at £7/month, and any unused data rolls over to the following month - which is a lot better for me, as some months I hardly use any, then when on holiday I use a lot more, so data rollover is a big plus for me, as after a couple of months of low useage, I'd end up with 24GB for £7/month

(You can find good deals on USwitch website - SIM Only, and look for data rollover deals
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

@hollylizy, it's probably not showing for you, because on the page you linked to it also says:

https://www.plus.net/mobile/30Day-CUG:

£8 a month for 18GB of data, Unlimited minutes & Unlimited texts for non-Plusnet Broadband customers. SIM only plan on a rolling monthly contract.

Available to new Plusnet Mobile customers signing up at https://www.plus.net/mobile/30Day-CUG

I changed to one of these types of deals a while ago by giving them a call

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@hollylizy wrote:

Surely there is another way to change plans without having to wait endlessly on call in a que Sad Online chat doesn't load for me anymore as far as I can tell.

The best/easiest way to  do it is

Call 500 from your PN mobile then press 1 and then 3   " You are thinking of leaving "   they answer very quickly and have access to many more plans that you can see on the normal web and knowable staff

Find a plan with another provider and will match or better it

The plan changes from your next billing date all very easy

Please let us know how you go on  

hollylizy
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Fix

All done and dusted 👍

Called 500 and spoke to a couple of lovely helpful staff members who transferred my partner and I over to our new plan with no problems what so ever. Blown away 👌

Although I am glad I called, I do miss online chat though, It's so much more convenient and easier to use.