Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet Mobile - total shutdown

Thanks folks and all the best 👍🏻
orby
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Well I went the EE route.... ok so not that competitive but their UK call centres are so much easier to deal with, I don't need roaming very often and already have EE sim only. The only issue I had was when going through the special link to order, it asks if I'm an existing EE customer and if you say Yes, logging in completely loses any reference to your order..youi have to start again (logged out of EE).presumably they've only considered that a Plusnet customer will never have had an EE account as well... so I signed up with new email address, did the credit check and bank info and it said it was good and gave an order reference.

Few hours later EE text me to call them regarding my order, they answered on the 3rd ring and no messing, the guy asked a question, couldn't add the Plusnet special deal for £8 (didn't show on his screen) so he added the standard EE 5GB / 30 day deal which is usually £25 and got reductions to make it £8 and confirmed this would be 30 days, ongoing discount. SIM coming in 24 hours, all pretty simple.

The only unknown is whether I'll get the free 6months apple TV / apple music that EE give to new customers (I've already had that on my existing EE sim) - so might need to call up EE and see if they can do something.

ashn
Dabbler

One problem you might encounter is that often the yearly RPI increases are based on the pre-discount price, so if EE have started off at £25 with £17 of discounts, if they raise prices by 10%, then that's £2.50 increase instead of 80p.

That said, if it's a yearly contract or less you can probably try to get a better deal when that happens.

Zarch
Hooked

I've got 3 PN 30 day sim only, one for me and one for each of the kids.

Looking for a new provider with an app that I can manage all 3 accounts together.

Is this the 'multiple sim' option that the website landing page mentions?

Has anyone gone through this process yet?

I'm tempted by the Smarty 'group plan'?

https://smarty.co.uk/group-plans

catphone
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I left late April BUT Plusnet Mobile still billing with C/F (in credit) amount. (April and May bills)

I cancelled the DD (for safety) after a couple weeks. 

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

@ashn 

I transferred from Plusnet to EE about 3 weeks ago on one of the "special deals". I have a rolling 30 day contract with EE now.

I am aware that this works both ways - ie they can put the price up at any time. If they do, I'll probably just move again!

@orby 

I now have the same 5GB per month @ £8 that you have. I don't think that it comes with any freebie add-ons. Hardly surprising really!

orby
Rising Star

Hi @Mr_Paul

It is an EE Essential's plan but they do include these free add ons - when I went through ordering process an add on page appeared allowing me to select their various free trials etc. If you've setup an online account, might be worth checking your add ons and see if you got them. I didn't select the free apple TV trial as my current trial is still running.

I saw this when going through the order process:

add ons.png

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro

@orby 

Oh yes, they have free trials of some services, but I don't think any of them are "permanently" free or included in the package?

orby
Rising Star

@Mr_Paul - yes, they're 6 month trials of Apple TV, Apple Music and few other things, if you cancel shortly before the 6 months you don't pay anything, otherwise it turns into a month by month addition to your bill. Apple TV has a few good TV shows which I watch, although reluctant to actually pay for the service! 

Scottydogx

I took one of the EE online offers via Plusnet. So far very unimpressed with EE. There was a note at the end of the sign up process saying they would need to call me within 48 hours. A week later and I was still waiting. Called them yesterday and nothing had been done with my order. They implied that they needed to speak to me because they couldn’t see how to add my request for Apple TV. In reality it seems they wanted to get me to sign up for extras. An hour after I got that finalised another operator called again giving the hard sell. Told him where to go but before that he let slip that the Plusnet offer price will only be for 6 months. He was trying to get me on a 12 month move expensive contract. No thanks!
Dirkdiggler
Grafter

@Scottydogx. That's interesting. I'm surprised though that they didn't just automatically shift everyone to EE and then try and upsell them after 6 months.
My port to 1pmobile has worked with no issue, went through early this morning. Sat here in bedroom with max bars on 5G and 200mb download speed.
Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro

As I have mentioned previously in this thread, I moved from Plusnet Mobile to EE about 3 weeks ago. My final PN bill was produced on 25th May, owing me £2.40 from advance payment. This credit was transferred to my bank this morning.

I just called Plusnet to confirm that the account was now closed and I can safely cancel the Direct Debit.

With PN, I was on 5GB data (+2GB for having their broadband). With EE, I chose the equivalent 5GB package @ £8 per month. I only use around 1GB per month.

During the conversation, the PN Call Centre person told me that my EE package had been re-priced to £6/month, and that I would be getting a £2 refund or credit for the current month as well.

So to me, I gave gained extra mobile frequencies that EE uses and PN doesn't, WiFi Calling which I do use, and now no price increase.

I have lost 2GB of data per month that I never used anyway.

Conclusion: I am currently very happy!  😀😀😀

I'm wary that a 30 day rolling contract means that in a few months time, EE could stop the plan I am on / increase the price significantly. The current EE website price for this package is £23/month, (was £25). I'll be keeping an eye out for that though, and ready to move again if necessary!

Dirkdiggler
Grafter

Now transferred over 2 of the 4 numbers to 1pmobile with no issues. The other 2 are scheduled in for 1 weeks time. Can't grumble, seems easy to set up and good web interface to keep track. There's no specific app like we had with plusnet or EE but doesn't make a bit of difference, you can still access everything you need.
Scottydogx

That’s the first I’ve heard of 1pmobile. I’ll definitely be giving them a try if EE start increasing charges. EE is the only network that gives me a decent signal in my house.
pyeomans
Dabbler

After using the PAC code to move to another provider, does the PN account get closed automatically and the direct debit stop?

I can't see anything on the PN settings page to cancel the account.