Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Mobile - total shutdown

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Plusnet Mobile - total shutdown

@Mr_Paul wrote:

During the conversation, the PN Call Centre person told me that my EE package had been re-priced to £6/month, and that I would be getting a £2 refund or credit for the current month as well.

So to me, I gave gained extra mobile frequencies that EE uses and PN doesn't, WiFi Calling which I do use, and now no price increase.

I'd be happy moving to EE at that price, I'm also paying Plusnet £6/month and don't need any more data or minutes than I have at the moment.

However it's still a bit more expensive than Talkmobile or Lebara, and those are their normal prices not a special than might or might not come to an end.

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

"During the conversation, the PN Call Centre person told me that my EE package had been re-priced to £6/month, and that I would be getting a £2 refund or credit for the current month as well."

I don't know what is going on:

I just had to phone EE because of an issue I was having setting up their app. Once that was resolved, I asked them to confirm what Plusnet told me yesterday - they didn't know anything about it!

They are going to listen back to my call with PN yesterday, and said that if that confirms what I have said, then they will honour it.

The next problem could be, how long will they honour it for, with the EE contract being a rolling 30 days?

Dirkdiggler
Grafter

Yes I hadn't heard of 1pmobile either till all this hit the fan. It ticks all the boxes for me as it's piggybacked on EE and they have best speed and coverage where I am.
Extras over plusnet are the additional band access (I think it's 800mhz- that has greater penetration into buildings). 5g access, WiFi calling and 4g calling.

Re cancelling plusnet. For me I will wait till I receive final bill and then I will cancel the direct debit.
srangeley
Grafter

@Dirkdiggler 

That's good to know as that's the way we'll be going!

Still not had any e-mail from PN yet so not moving for the moment as it will be a price increase and I'm going abroad in 4 weeks time too.

I will miss the PN app though, what is the 1p website like on a smartphone for viewing your account / usage? Is it only usable on a computer or is it OK?

Thanks

Steven

Zarch
Hooked

Rang PN customer services today and moved 3 PN 30 day sim only deals over to EE in one go.

Was very easy, just chose the EE package I wanted for each number.

PN raised the PAC codes for me and sorted everything out whilst on the line.

All 3 new EE sim payments will come out on the same single direct debit now rather than individually.

I don't need 125GB at all, but as you can gift data on EE I thought it was too good an offer at £15 to turn down.

Didn't want to start haggling upwards from £10/10GB after a few months.

With 2 teenagers I can see their new EE £10/10Gb plans being okay for now, but with fallback of gifting data to them.
I'm hoping the EE app shows individual sim usage etc so can manage their use.

Sim cards should be here Tuesday next week and PN said I will just need to pop them across into the phones to initiate the move.

Will report back how that all goes.  

Hope that helps.

gspn
Grafter

Definitely interested to hear if anyone can get EE for £6 a month. Or if it's a misprice. I'm happy with £6 a month for 5GB.
Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro

@gspn 

TBH, I don't know what is going on with mine:

It seems that what Plusnet told me yesterday about the price reduction was not official.

EE have called me back since I last posted: due to a technical problem they are unable to access the recording of my call with PN yesterday, however they have agreed to honour the terms of what I was told, (ie £6/month).

However, because 5GB/month for £6 is not one of the packages they offer, they have had to manually modify my account, and warned me that what I now see online is not a true reflection of the deal that I have with them.

MyEE shows that I am on 1GB/month but have 6GB remaining and am paying £22/month.

My next EE bill is due on the 9th June, so I'll have to wait until then to see if their amendments have worked.   😔

orby
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Note that ports to EE might not happen in the 24 hour period of inserting the new EE sim, it is an automatic process but depends what time you activate new EE sim.... I did mine after 5pm and it hadn't ported by 5pm the next day so I called them and the tech support said it needs to be activated earlier in the day to get into ported in that 24hour period... later than 5pm means you probably need to wait 36 hours for the day after.

Anyway, it did port and all works nice, new sim added to my existing account.

orby
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@Mr_Paul 

Similar to me, my online order went through, but asked me to call EE, when I did they could not find the £8 Plusnet offer, so they setup their standard £25 for 5GB and added 3 reductions (£1, £6 and £10 discounts) which are listed in my EE account and shows I'll pay £8 on a 30 day contract.

I've had the same sort of discounts from EE on my other existing EE sim and the discounts have been there for 15 months.

The only issue, someone mentioned earlier, is that the yearly 3% +CPI increase will be based on the original price not the discounted price, so it could be 3% plus 12% based on £25 rather than £8 - if that makes sense?

I'll wait and see....but my Plusnet to EE sim port has gone ok, EE support are excellent and quick to help, well for me at least

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro

@orby 

"The only issue, someone mentioned earlier, is that the yearly 3% +CPI increase will be based on the original price not the discounted price, so it could be 3% plus 12% based on £25 rather than £8 - if that makes sense?"

Yes, that is what I am expecting will happen. But now of course, being on 30 day contracts will mean that it will be easier to move somewhere else if they won't negotiate.

"EE support are excellent and quick to help, well for me at least".

I was with EE prior to moving to Plusnet a year ago, so I know how good their support is. It was only price that made me move to PN, but now hopefully I will get the benefits of EE at the price of Plusnet.

brookheather
Rising Star

These special EE prices for ex-Plusnet customers will probably only last 6 months before they move you to the standard pricing so you would be moving to another deal before the next annual rise anyway.

BT FTTP 500 + pfSense + Uniquiti Unifi 6 Pro
Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro

@brookheather 

"These special EE prices for ex-Plusnet customers will probably only last 6 months before they move you to the standard pricing".

Yes, that is what I am expecting, (the principle, not necessarily the time-frame). Get as many as possible on to EE now, and then hope that customer inertia prevents too many from moving again relatively soon after the current upheaval.

peterhr
Rising Star

Probably only offered the £6 deal because they found they had driven their customers to competitors - and they will take their broadband contracts elsewhere too.

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

@brookheather wrote:

These special EE prices for ex-Plusnet customers will probably only last 6 months before they move you to the standard pricing so you would be moving to another deal before the next annual rise anyway.

Compared to Lebara and Talkmobile which are cheaper just using their standard deals. 

annapp
Grafter

I was wondering about this too, have you found an answer yet?