cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Mobile - total shutdown

celsoazevedo
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Mobile - total shutdown

Just to be clear, I tested Lebara last year, only 3 or 4 months after they introduced wifi calling (I think). I trust the reports saying that now it works right away, after all they had time to fix whatever was slowing activation down.

I think they're a good option, especially if you pick a plan from a comparison site like uswitch. Cheap, a lot of data, roaming, and no hidden price increases or long term contracts... not bad.

By the way, I don't know if it's the same date for everyone, but our renewal is on the 5th... so I've decided to move one of the last two numbers right away to Smarty, let the person test Three's network and, if it doesn't work out, I can order two SIMs when I move the last number to 1pMobile/EE.

Stranger
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I recently switched my wife's SIM only contact from Tesco to id mobile and, despite initially being very wary, 6 weeks in all is good and the online CS seems fine.

Some good feedback on here regarding smarty have had me glancing at that too.

Once of a time calls to Lebara were'nt included within the minutes of whatever plan you were on with other networks, are calls to it now included?
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@Stranger wrote:

Once of a time calls to Lebara were'nt included within the minutes of whatever plan you were on with other networks, are calls to it now included?

Both my Partner and Daughter are on full EE  ( they get an extra 5GB of data because they both have EE Broadband )

They can call and text  my Lebara mobile number which used to be a PN/EE number with no problems/charges 

Also my friends who call me have never said they are charged 

Stranger
Rising Star

Thanks, I'd better look at Lebara aswell in that case 👍🏻
ashn
Dabbler

@Mr_Paul Just as an update re: Vodafone Basics and whether they support Wifi Calling, I just had a text to say "Good news, we've enabled Wifi Calling on your plan". 

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

@ashn 

That's interesting, comparing it with what @Smith7 said in Message #75.

Have you tried enabling WiFi Calling on your phone to see if it actually works?

ashn
Dabbler

@Mr_Paul 

The source of their quote appears to be a third party site called SIM Sherpa, which I don't necessarily trust to be fully accurate. But experience on the internet has taught me it's not worth a back-and-forth over such matters.

Comments on a deals site from last November are that it has it - and Vodafone don't list it under what's not included - which was good enough for me. I don't have the SIM yet as it was ordered at the weekend, though I got several texts to my contact number this morning saying about it being dispatched, the spend cap, and Wifi Calling being enabled.

Smith7
Seasoned Pro

I have just spoken to Vodafone their chat

First reply        Emma: so not with the Basics plan you don't, no

Second reply    Emma: all our other plans support this though Smiley

And it's what it say's on the tin Basic or very Basic no 5G either if needed

This is from May 15th 2023    https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/vodafone-basics-review

So you have to wait and see may be just a general confirmation text   

ashn
Dabbler

I will try to confirm after it arrives, though I do see two seperate people commenting on that page to say they do have Wifi calling on the Basics plan.

Unfortunately from previous experiences from many places, I tend to take what chat support says with a big pinch of salt.

Smith7
Seasoned Pro

When I was looking on USwitch to change my PN mobile 

If you look at Vodafone plans the 12 Months 25GB U/L U/L for £10 they are for the Basic plans

If you need 5G the price goes up to £39 unbelievable

Talkmobile which is owned by Vodafone and Lebara who use the Vodafone signal you get all the extra's included

After much head scratching I choose Lebara 

Dirkdiggler
Grafter

1p mobile SIM arrived at lunch time. Activated it with code on website. Plonked into my work phone which has a spare slot. It works with no issues. VoLTE displayed as well in the top bar. So far so good. Port from Plusnet is tomorrow (could have picked any day other than a weekend on the drop-down over next month). Now I've to do my other halfs and my parents once their Sims come towards end of week!
Stranger
Rising Star

Thanks folks for the input. I'm off to idmobile, my current PN plan; 7Gb (2Gb bonus as I'm with them for bb), unlimited minutes and texts for £6 p/month is being replaced with 6Gb, unlimited minutes and texts for £6 p/month and includes data rollover and WiFi calling.

Earliest I can switch is the 6th which is 2 days after my PN bill date anybody know if I'll get a pro rata refund from PN?
Dirkdiggler
Grafter

From what ive read it will be pro rata base don just days of usage.
Smith7
Seasoned Pro

When I changed I found this interesting

I was told if I changed from PN to new provider doing the change with a PAC code PN would refund the money I had left on my 30day plan to my bank account by bank transfer this is what happened 

I didn't wait until my 30day PN plan was up

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

@Smith7 

Yes, I was told the same.

I arranged my move to EE via Plusnet, (I don't know if that makes a difference), about 3 weeks ago. My bill was produced on the 25th of the month as usual.

Apparently I'm due a refund of £2.40, though I'll have to wait another week or so, (until the date I would normally pay), to receive it back in my bank account, and I can close the Direct Debit.

I'll try not to spend it all at once though!  😀