cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Mobile pre-register scam - the offer is not available after you sign up!

technonath
Grafter

Plusnet Mobile pre-register scam - the offer is not available after you sign up!

I pre-registered for the £10 unlimted texts, unlimited minutes and 4gb of data. Plusnet called me up yesterday to sign me up. I gave them the credit card details direct debit details and signed up.

I then get an email saying I am only getting the 1500 minutes deal. I rung up to clarify this morning and got told the offer ended on the 4th of Jan and I cannot have it.  You can't ring me up - promise me something and then go back on it! that's illegal.

I am told it will be 48 hours before a supervisor will call me back!!

This is awful customer service! - I want to cancel if you are going to renege on your offer!

Your pre-registration email clearly states "Pre-registration Offer: £5 off the £15 plan. £10 a month (instead of £15) for 4GB of data, unlimited minutes & unlimited texts. SIM only plan on a rolling monthly contract.

Available to new and existing customers who pre-registered via www.plusnetmobile.com and sign up either: online via the link provided in this email by 13th January 2017 or when we call you following your pre-registration."

--- Please call me today or I will report you to the ASA and ofcom for breaching distance selling regulations and false advertising.   My order reference is  2042129

I am very unimpressed.

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Plusnet Mobile pre-register scam - the offer is not available after you sign up!

Hi @technonath

I'm sorry to hear this has been the case; it's certainly not a service we aim to provide and I'd like to investigate this to resolve the matter. If you could send me a private message with your account details, I'll make sure this is dealt with accordingly. -Ashleigh

DeeCee73
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet Mobile pre-register scam - the offer is not available after you sign up!

Just noticed I got the same, registered on Monday via the special offer link:

https://www.plus.net/mobile/deals/4gb/double-data/mates-rates/pre-reg?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=...

specifically choosing the special offer rather than mates rates, for the unlimited minutes and also so it wasn't tied to my having Plusnet fibre. Have received the SIM and waiting for number port (and data access) and only just noticed, having read your post, that the email I got was only for 1500 minutes - which I assume means they've tied it to my fibre connection as mates rates.

Should have paid closer attention to the  email I suppose, but just guarantees that I'll be dropping the phone contract if I change ISP.

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I just had the phone call today. I told the guy NOT INTERESTED too much NEGATIVE feedback on the forums. Glad I did!
DeeCee73
Dabbler

I was aware of the negative feedback before Christmas, but hope(d) things were improvement after the initial rush. My existing contract with another provider was due to expire within the next couple of weeks so thought I chance it. Whether I stick with Plusnet will depend on how quickly my number is ported (24 hours so far, so expecting early next week at latest) and data working from that point as it currently doesn't on any phone I've tried the sim in. The 30 day rolling contract was and is beneficial.

technonath
Grafter

I'm sorry to hear this has been the case; it's certainly not a service we aim to provide and I'd like to investigate this to resolve the matter. If you could send me a private message with your account details, I'll make sure this is dealt with accordingly. -Ashleigh

I sent the PM, got a message back saying they are busy. 3 days on and no contact has been made. Plusnet mobile customer service is non-existant. I would not recommend them based on this experience.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @technonath

Apologies you've still not received your call-back. I'll send you a PM now and I'll ensure this is sorted for you today. -Ashleigh

technonath
Grafter

still waiting for that call back, I think someone tried at Midday, but it rang twice and then they hung up.

technonath
Grafter

I ended up calling someone on monday as no callback, they confirmed that once my account "goes live", they will be able to put me on the tariff, but they cannot do so before. they said it should go live by the end of that day, or the following day. Well here we are and still no welcome email ......

Plusnet mobile is a shambles.

technonath
Grafter

Still no welcome email, one week on.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @technonath

I am sorry to hear about this issues you've been experiencing since joining plusnet mobile. I'd like to look into this for you, and see why you've not received the e-mail yet. If you drop me a Private Message we can pick things up from there. 

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Interesting - I signed up on Thursday 12th for the same deal based on the email for preregistering and I too haven't had a confirmation email although my sim arrived today.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

I missed the pre-registration offer but was there not an expiry date on it or was it open ended?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Colin_Maybe

Unfortunately the pre-registration deal came to an end yesterday! However, we've still got some other wonderful deals available. Smiley

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Thanks for the offer Emily but you misunderstood my post Smiley

I'm quite happy with my £7.50 2GB deal.

Edit: although you did answer my question Tongue