cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Mobile data plan for Internet of Things (IoT)

Kryczek

Plusnet Mobile data plan for Internet of Things (IoT)

Hi!

I make many embedded projects which would benefit from mobile data access. For years I have been searching for SIMs that would meet this need but even the "Pay As You Go" ones are much more data than what I need and for a much shorter (typically weekly or monthly) time than I need so I did not subscribe to any; if there were SIMs like "£5 for 1GB valid 1 year" or something, then I would buy them like hot cakes 🙂

Plus as a happy Plusnet customer I would not mind having such SIMs tied to my broadband subscription, it's just that the current offering of 4GB for £10/month is way too much for this particular-but-definitely-not-unique need.

6 REPLIES 6
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet Mobile data plan for Internet of Things (IoT)

The last such service I know about was that available from Vodafone until about three years or so ago. There was absolute uproar on the Vodafone users forum when it was discontinued.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Have you looked at Three Pay as you go?

1p per MB

Stick £10 on it and it won't run out until it's used up.

Kryczek

Hi drj and Browni,

Many thanks for your quick replies.

I looked at Three before but maybe I had misread, or the plan was introduced more recently... I still have to see it to believe it, and apparently it only works with 3G, but that would be awesome already! 🙂

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Kryczek it's not that recent, I've been on that plan since about March last year and it works on 4G in my area Cool

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

@Browni wrote:

Have you looked at Three Pay as you go?

Have you looked at their ToS?

They own everything you transfer across their network basically. The ToS is actually quite hostile if you read it right the way through (which I did). I ended up complaining and getting my £10 refunded before porting my number away.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I have a 3-2-1 Three PAYG SIM but they don't allow tethering. Credit does last me a long time since I hardly ever use my Android phone on mobile data (I also have a Windows Phone on contract)