cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Mobile - Number Porting

andycass
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet Mobile - Number Porting

6 days and counting still waiting for my number porting over.

AnnieA
Hooked

HI Andy, I feel your pain but I thought that my 6 days waiting was because of a rush for joining the newly launched mobile contract in December 2016.  Keep on nagging them as often as you can.  It will happen. Good luck

szaman81
Grafter

Just ported number from Plusnet to Virgin without issues all went through smoothly at around 8 this morning

Request was made yesterday

andycass
Dabbler

So after 9 days waiting they managed to port my number . Of course with Plusnet nothing runs smooth now i have no data connection. i'll be phoning monday and asking for my port code and moving to a competant company

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi andycass,

Thanks for getting in touch with us, it's much appreciated! I'm sorry if there was a delay with your port in, this is certainly not our usual high standard of service that we provide and we take on board all feedback to help us to improve as a network provider!

On occasion, there can be times that you're port can experience a snag within the number transfer, which can result in a delay with the overall process; if this happens, it is raised with our Operations Team for further investigation. 

It's great to hear that your port has now fully processed!  Now we need to get that data connection sorted so you're good to go!

After a port has completed, we advise to re-boot your handset; you can do this by the following:

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on

This refreshes the signal to the SIM and any changes that have been implemented, will be applied upon re-boot.

You can also input your APN settings, which are listed below:

Android

1. Go to Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks (or More) > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Menu > New APN
  2. Without changing any other settings, type in the following info:

Name: EE Internet
    APN: everywhere
    Username: eesecure
    Password: secure
    MMSC: http://mms/
    MMS Proxy: 149.254.201.135
    MMS Port: 8080
    Authentication type: PAP
    APN type: If there's a choice, choose internet+mms. If the keyboard appears, type *

3. Tap Menu, then Save

4. To start your new APN, make sure the line is ticked or the radio button is lit by tapping on it.
  5. Check the notification bar for 4G, H, 3G, E or G with up and down arrows beside it. That'll show your connection is working.

iPhone

1. Go to Settings > Mobile or Cellular > Mobile Data Network or Cellular Data Network > Access Point Names > Menu > New APN.
  2. Without changing any other settings, type in the following info:

For Mobile data:

For MMS:
    APN: eezone
    MMSC: http://mms/
    MMS Proxy: 149.254.201.135:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576

3. Tap the left arrow at the top three times, then press the home button.

4. Check the notification bar for 4G, 3G, E or GPRS. That'll show your connection is working.

BlackBerry

For BlackBerry 10 devices, you need to enter the internet APN and MMS APN settings separately

Internet APN

1. Swipe down from the top of the home screen.
  2. Go to Settings > Network Connections > Mobile Network > APN
  3. Tap on the Mobile Plan selector and choose Contract or Prepay
  4. Without changing any other settings, type in the following info then tap Save:

Access Point Name: everywhere

5. Check the notification bar for 4G, 3G, H, E or G. That'll show your connection is working.

MMS APN

1. Swipe right from the left hand side of the home screen to get to your Hub.
  2. Go to Menu (the three dots) > Settings > Text Messages > Advanced
  3. Scroll down to below the SMS settings.
  4. Without changing any other settings, type in the following info:

For APN:
    APN: eezone

For MMSC:
    MMSC URL: http://mms/
    Proxy URL: 149.253.201.135:8080

5. Tap Save

Windows Phone 8

1. On the home screen, swipe across to bring up the apps list.
  2. Open the Settings app.
  3. Tap Mobile Network and check data connection's switched on.
  4. Go back to the apps list, scroll down and tap Settings
  5. Tap Access Point
  6. If your network name's showing, tap it to make it active. Otherwise, choose Add.
  7. Without changing any other settings, type in the following info:

Connection name: EE Internet

For internet APN:
    Access point name: everywhere

For MMS APN:
    Access point name: eezone
    Proxy address: 149.253.201.135
    Proxy port; 8080
    MMSC address: http://mms/

8. Tap the tick at the bottom to save

9. Check the notification bar for 4G, 3G, H, E or G. That'll show your connection is working.

Windows Phone

1. On the home screen, swipe across to bring up the apps list or tap the ‘right' arrow
  2. Go to Settings > Mobile Network > Add APN
  3. Without changing any other settings, type in the following info:

Name: EE Internet (if there's the option, tick the box to make this the default APN)

For Internet APN

For MMS APN
    MMS Access Point Name: eezone
    Proxy address: 149.254.201.135
    Proxy port: 8080
    MMSC address - http://mms/

4. Tap the tick or disk icon to save, then confirm the change.

5. Check the notification bar for 4G, 3G, H, E or G. That'll show your connection is working.

Feel free to get in touch if there is anything else that you need and I'll do my best to help!

- Rebeka Smiley

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RebekaPreston - Did you say something. Cheesy

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

andycass
Dabbler

Tried the APN settings tried the sim out overnight  tried everything suggested in all other threads. Still no joy. The thing is data connection worked perfect on the sim until the number port.    I should not have to spend hours and hours searching through forums to make something that should have been straight forward work. Hopefully i will get my payment refunded and i can move back to the tesco mobile a company where i had no problems with and didn't have to jump through hoops to get to work.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi andycass,

I'm really sorry to hear about this and I'd like to help. If you could send me a private message with your account details, I'll be able to look into this further for you. 

- Rebeka 

mungojam

I have exactly the same problem, after a late port on Wednesday there is now no data, and I've checked the APN settings and reset multiple times.

andycass
Dabbler

Don't expect them to be in a rush to fix any problems. The replies on the forums from the plusnet team are just for show. 3 weeks later and i'm still waiting to be able to use the sim card what i paid upfront for.  So despite taking all my info last week ive had zero contact from them . Can someone from plusnet tell me how much your going to refund me for all the messing about and if the problems actually ever get sorted or will it just be another sympathetic reply on the forums where nothing actually gets sorted?

Maboy99

I am also having a similar porting problem with Plus.Net - on Day 6 now of a port and have had absolutely no service for over 12 hours now on either my plus.net number or my old number. Trying to decide whether to waste time on another phone call to them or not to be told sometimes it just takes time once the port has started.... A friend who was porting at the same time is having the exact same problem. 

andycass
Dabbler

Still waiting for the plusnet team to sort my data connection problem . So a week later from giving them all my details still had zero contact from them. Disgraceful service.
Maboy99

Well just spoken to Plus.Net on the phone - apparently my port is complete though I have no service for voice or data, but nothing to do with the port - my sim must be faulty. 

So a new sim is being sent out (1 to 2 days), and if that doesn't work only at that stage will they refer it to their operations team. And they will respond within five days. 

Seriously - what type of network is this. I repeatedly ask if the adviser i was speaking to if he felt this was good customer service and he dodged the question every time.

andycass
Dabbler

still waiting to hear back from

from 1 week ago