cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Mobile - Number Porting

ayster
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet Mobile - Number Porting

Can you add mine as a high priority too I've been waiting since thursday last week!!

danielson00
Hooked

Just spoke to CS via web chat as was basically fobbed off with a standard copy/paste reply. "We apologise for the current delay porting your number" , didn't even ask for any personal details etc. Agent also closed chat window after! 

AnnieA
Hooked

Mine too please I'm fed up with waiting a whole week to get number ported across - it's still with my old provider although yesterday I was told it would be completed by today !!

cdc
Hooked

I'm afraid the customer services team are just telling lies at the moment.  I'm saving it all so that I can do the best possible complaint to the regulators and also report this debacle to the media.  

AnnieA
Hooked

I contacted customer services again earlier this PM and told them my number is still carried by my previous provider.  If numbers aren't ported across by midnight Friday they don't get done until next week - Monday - Friday only.  For me that would be a whole week being without the number I am known by.Grrrrr NOT GOOD ENOUGH Plusnet

danielson00
Hooked

Hmmm..  Can you cancel the port process once you have submitted your PAC code.

Tempted to cancel under "cooling off period" and go elsewhere. 

Been nearly a week now. 

nadeem73
Dabbler

Looks like the problems continue my number went off from my old service provider and it's been a whole day and still not ported to plusnet  - calling it the numbers not recognised it fallen down the plusmobile hole 

And the same has happened to my wifes this does look good to me i might just go back to tesco 

angieevans49
Hooked

Mine has ported today - service with my old provider stopped and now connected to EE/Plusnet but my number has not gone over - never had this problem before when porting, has anybody actually managed to get their old number ported successfully?

I am going back to Virgin having read through this forum - it's just not acceptable

nadeem73
Dabbler

Well i'm wondering if your old number is in some black hole how you actually get it back

but it does appear like plus net have bitten off more then they can chew - like you siad i've never had an issue before port from vodaphone to tesco was like seamless 

I really hope someone reads these posts and actually offers some help and to think we were supposed to be mates 

AnnieA
Hooked

Hi, I had the same problem last week, it took 5.5 days of nagging them on chat to get my number across. If you go back to the first few posts on this thread you someone has put links to be able to see who has your number.  That's worth knowing so that you can then then argue the point to Plusnet support that the holdup is in their infrastructure.  Someone else also mentioned that support pushing it through to the Operations team helps.  I'd lean on them pretty heavily as they will probably be off work for 2 weeks after Friday !!  Their chat line on their support seems to work well, wouldn't want to try and phone them.  I have also seen responses on this forum by their support staff so pick up one of their email addresses and direct mail them.  Good luck, I really do know how maddening it is. A

HangTen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@AnnieA wrote:

....... If you go back to the first few posts on this thread you someone has put links to be able to see who has your number........

My number was successfully ported in to PN nearly 2 weeks ago (from Talkmobile - Vodaphone network), but out of interest, I checked the 'Carrier Lookup' sites in those links and both say my number's current carrier is 'Orange (EE)'.
I also checked the number that originally came supplied with the PN SIM and both sites list the carrier as 'EE (T-Mobile)' ........ Plusnet is not mentioned anywhere (maybe their databases haven't yet been updated to include Plusnet?); so those lookups may not be very helpful for anyone porting in a number that was formerly EE or one of the providers who piggyback off the EE network.

nadeem73
Dabbler

Been told i will take 2 days and they will compensate for delay - i'll believe both things when i see them 

They clearly know the messed up big time - but i think only fix is bother them each and every day and then complain - i for one am not a complainer as i work in customer services myself but if we messed up i'll be 1st to admit and sort out customer asap 

AnnieA
Hooked

Yes I did wonder how up to date the databases were on those websites but they did give me some comfort.  I must go in and see what it says for my number now as I hadn't considered the confusion over the piggyback services of EE.  Thanks for the heads up.  A x x

HangTen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@AnnieA
I've done a couple of further checks and interestingly, my daughter's provider is Three, but the lookup site lists it as 'Hutchison 3G', who are Three's parent company and my brother's provider is O2, but the lookup lists 'Telefonika UK', i.e. O2's parent company; so it appears that the lookup sites are only of use to someone transferring from one top-level network to another.

AnnieA
Hooked

Thanks for the advice, I'm sure you've helped other frustrated porting buddies !! A