cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Mobile - Number Porting

mcderd
Dabbler

Plusnet Mobile - Number Porting

I signed up for 2 sims last week, they activated last Thursday 1st, I ported my numbers across.

the first one ported fine the next day Friday 2nd.

The other one is still not ported, I have rung 5 times and they keep telling me to wait, it's now 6 days, nobody you speak to seems to know anything. They said they were going to e-mail operations and I asked for a copy of the e-mail, nothing arrived!

Looks like I am going to have to go back to my old provider.

So be warned, don't waste your time!

UPDATE 06/12/2016, Just spoke to someone else who promised to escalate to operations, but then said it could be a few days before operations sort it out. What a joke!

UPDATE 06/12/2016, After chatting via DM on twitter where I was originally told the porting had been canceled, I persevered and finally it came through about 15 minutes ago.

62 REPLIES 62
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: Plusnet Mobile - Number Porting

Thanks very much for contacting us, I'm sorry there was a delay with your porting. I hope everything's running smoothly for you now. If you need anything else drop me a message and I'll be happy to answer any queries you may have. 

Thanks again for leaving us feedback :).

dickelliott
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I'm having the same sort of problems with my number porting. Just keep getting emails and texts saying it's done, no it's not been cancelled, unable to port your number, now it's gone through, now it hasn't. called support numerous time and get a different excuse every time. last excuse was O2 must have given the wrong PAC number and would i call o2 to find out. Called O2 and they said my number was ported out to plusnet some 4 hours ago. Still do not have my proper number after 6 hours. Really fed up with PN mobile now!!!! been with PN for broadband for 14+  years and never had these kind of problems. May now be time to go elsewhere

mcderd
Dabbler

If you enter your number on these sites you can see which provider has your number

http://www.freecarrierlookup.com/

https://www.textmagic.com/free-tools/carrier-lookup

Although Plusnet said they cannot comment on third-party sites, at least I knew the number had been ported to their infrastructure.

Give it a go

dickelliott
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Hi, tried to above links and they both say my i'm on EE so i suppose my number has been ported now.

Just a pity that some 10 hours later and yet another call to mobile support i still DO NOT have my original number. Supports answer was to trell me that it can take up to 72 hours to get it up and working!!!

When i have ported numbers before with other providers it's all been done in a few minutes. Really fed up now as i have been told to wait until Monday to see if it finally gived me my number and if it does NOT...........please call support AGAIN

mcderd
Dabbler

I think it's a case of someone triggering something, it's just that support do not seem to be able to help, if you can get someone to escalate to "operations" you will probably get it sorted.

Good luck

philioso
Dabbler

Since 2011 it's been a legal requirement that number porting be completed within 1 working day from when the new provider gets receipt of the PAC code from the customer. Previous to this it was 2 working days.

If they don't do it in time... you can ask for "reasonable compensation" - but I can't imagine that's anything to get excited about - as much as every penny counts, I'd much rather have my phone number working!

snozski
Grafter

Hi guys 

I've had the same issue , this is the worst service I've ever received when changing sim.   

First the website did not work so  I had to phone up to make order, then the people on phone took my details wrong (email address) so I did not receive a account or details.    

Now my pac number port is taking 3 days ,  the number went dead on my old sim on Friday morning and is still not active on my plusnet sim.    I have had to contact plusnet support multiple times and its still not sorted out.   They tell me it may not be ported till Monday ??    So now my number is going to be dead for 3-4 days ?    When I switched to giffgaff a year ago  I did all this on their website and the number was ported in 1 hour.   

I checked my number on above sites and EE (plusnet) have my number.

If I knew what I knew now there is no way at all I would have signed up.   Frankly this has really harmed my impression of plusnet and I may look to take my dsl/phone/tv business elsewhere too ! 

philioso
Dabbler

ooh, at least PlusNet have your number, so things are moving in the right direction (albeit unacceptably slowly!) - sounds like we are working on a similar time scale here and mine (currently dead) still points to Vodafone.

custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Porting does not take place at weekends.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dickelliott

Sorry you've been experiencing some issues with your port, we're working to get all the delayed ports pushed through manually as quickly as possible, however if you'd like to know if your port is in process please send me a Private Message and I can look into this for you. 

winho14

Hi Emily,

Can you PM me regarding my number port? I'm struggling to get the PM on my account active.

Thanks,

WinHo

lemmings999

I started the porting process on Sunday by text. So Monday and Tuesday being the 2 working days it should be completed on. Now its Wednesday and I call them only to be told that the Monday wasn't considered a working day and they started it on the Tuesday. That's a new one on me that Monday wasn't a working day
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @lemmings999

You were misadvised there and Monday is a working day, and your port was due to be completed by Tuesday; however there has been a delay in this process which we’re working to have resolved.  

We completely understand the frustration, and how important your number is to you, so have raised this as high priority to our network to team to have fixed as quickly as possible.

lemmings999

It finally went through earlier this afternoon