cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Help Team Please Help!

Tortured_Soul

Plusnet Help Team Please Help!

I have spoken to the customer services twice now, they stick to the generic scripted answers and I am getting nowhere. Could one of the Plusnet Help Team kindly send me a private message so I can get assistance with my mobile account. Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Plusnet Help Team Please Help!

Welcome to the forum! It is mainly for PN users and while the staff do call in when they can, this may be at quite long intervals. I don't think any of us can offer help if you have an accounts problem, beyond agreeing that the PN accounts system is a nightmare which people are always complaining about. If you want faster action I'm afraid you should return to the phone 'help' however infuriating it may be.

Mike

Tortured_Soul

Thanks Mike. Unfortunately the 1st line customer service don't seem to be able to offer any assistance other than reading from scripted responses. I need to speak to someone who can make things happen. 

Do you know if I can directly message a member of the Help Team for a higher level of assistance via this messaging board?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Tortured_Soul Can you post your query on here? Maybe Community members could help, and if not, Help Team staff will pick your post up.

John
Tortured_Soul

Hi John. Sure. I am simply trying to have my sim card switched off and my account closed, but with no success. So I guess not so simple as I thought it would be.

This is not a pac or stac request, I actually need Plusnet to switch it off themselves. Twice I've been given a switch off date, and twice that date has passed with my account and sim still active. 

I was hoping to speak to one of the Plusnet Help Team on here who can ensure it is done

jab1
Legend

I'm not quite following you, sorry. Are you saying, in effect, you wish to close your Plusnet Mobile account? You don't switch off a SIM card - merely taking it out of the phone is sufficient, and after a  period of time - don't know what is, offhand, the number goes back into the 'available' pool and is re-allocated  to someone else.

To contact the mobile team, just call 500 from your mobile, or 0800 079 1133 from any other phone.

John
Tortured_Soul

Thanks. I appreciate your input John. However, I've spoken to the mobile team on 500 twice to have my account closed, sim service switched off, and contract terminated, and twice they have said "no problem" and given me a date by which that would happen, and twice that date has passed with no change. Which is why I am hoping to to speak to one of the Plusnet Help Team on here directly, who can actively look into getting my request actioned.

jab1
Legend

Fair enough, @Tortured_Soul . Now you have posted on here, the Help Team will pick this up, but they don't spend all the time on here, which is why Community members try to help - in this case we can't, but they will get to you as soon as they can.

John
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@jab1 wrote:

You don't switch off a SIM card - merely taking it out of the phone is sufficient, and after a  period of time - don't know what is, offhand, the number goes back into the 'available' pool and is re-allocated  to someone else.

That should be the case if the contract has been terminated, but if it hasn't Plusnet will keep on raising monthly bills even if the SIM isn't in a phone and isn't being used.

If the SIM keeps working after an intended closure date, then that suggests the contract is still active.

When I have moved SIMs from Plusnet to other companies, Plusnet were pretty quick to disable the SIM!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

How long ago did you request the termination? It can take 30 days for this to happen, worth bearing in mind.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

Fair enough @corringham , although from reading what the OP has said, either they or the PN staff are not doing something correct - it should be a simple process to call the support desk, tell them you wish to cancel the contract, and get  them to take the required action.

Must admit I've no idea how PN Mobile works, but I know various members of my family have switched suppliers in one, maybe two calls. Never done it myself as I switched from Vodafone PAYG to Smarty's lowest monthly tariff about 4 years ago, and have never looked back.

John