Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Error 38 / 255

mrdo
Hooked

Plusnet Error 38 / 255

hi,

i get the above errors on a semi-regular basis - text messages are sent without problem for days and then suddenly i get lots of error 38s. This happens with multiple recipients and rebooting does not help. My sim is not new.

i have also received error 255 when retrying after receiving error 38s.

can someone please provide a solution to these errors?

thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: Plusnet Error 38 / 255

Hello @mrdo I am sorry to hear about the on-going issue you are having sending SMS messages.

Do you have a spare handset you can use and check to see if the error occurs on this device too?

Kind regards.

mrdo
Hooked

hi there,

i should be able to try another handset. other people with the same error seem to say that this makes no difference but i'll give it a whirl.

are you saying that there's currently an outage? i can't see anything mentioned on your service status page?

many thanks

nicktee
Dabbler

Why does your service status page show that all is well then?
It would help if you kept this updated instead of making us search for it. I've been tearing my hair out for the past hour.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

It would commonly be caused by failing to connect to the message service to send the text.

As plusnet NEVER let you know when they are having such problems, you could p*** about for ages changing this that and the other with no effect - then after a reboot it will just start working again, with you left clueless about the cause or the fix

It  could also be that a port or setup on plusnet has not correctly actioned throughout all the suppliers, meaning that you only get the issue when you happen to be connecting through a certain (eg 3 or VF) mast

It can also be a faulty sim or a bad connection sim-phone

BUT As plusnet NEVER let you know when they are having such problems, you could p*** about for ages changing this that and the other with no effect - then after a reboot it will just start working again, with you left clueless about the cause or the fix

Goto Start

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
mrdo
Hooked

hi,

i'd like an official response as to what i'm supposed to do in situations such as this.

as i said, it's a semi-regular occurrence and a simple check to see if there is a known outage would at least prevent me from constantly rebooting my phone, sim swapping, contacting support, etc.

thanks

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @mrdo

Can you please Private Message me with the following details:-

- Your full name

- Your full home address, including your postcode

- Your mobile number

Once I receive these details, I will investigate the matter further for you.

Kind regards.