Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet DD screw up caused me to lose bank interest

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Plusnet DD screw up caused me to lose bank interest

Hi,

Just wondered how best to get recourse here.  My Plusnet direct debit comes from a bank account that pays interest and some other benefits.  Those benefits only apply if I meet certain conditions, including a certain number of active direct debits, and Plusnet is one.   So the result of Plusnet's screw up last month is that the bank account no longer qualifies, meaning an actual loss.

What do people reckon?

4 REPLIES 4
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: Plusnet DD screw up caused me to lose bank interest

Hello @aesmith

While we do appreciate there was a recent issue with payments not being taken via direct debit for our mobile customers.

We will not recompense for financial loses as a result of this issue. This is highlighted in our T&Cs section 17 which you can view by Clicking Here

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Many thanks. 

Daniel28012
Rising Star

That's not exactly fair is it if Plusnet caused the issue and this is proven surely they owe the money. Call it a goodwill gesture if you like but your company surely owe the money if it's there screwup. The original poster should go to the ombudsman if this is not resolved.
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

We will not recompense for financial loses as a result of this issue. This is highlighted in our T&Cs section 17 which you can view by Clicking Here

Not sure about that reading the small print.  Wouldn't it fall under "17.3.2. services which have not been provided with reasonable skill and care;"

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @aesmith, I'm sincerely sorry to hear your account may have been one of those that have been recently effected by the mobile issue. So we can look into this for you and determine whether that's the case could you please send us a private message with your full name, full address and mobile number so we can locate you're account and check. If it does turn out your account falls under 1 of the few that were effected then we'll happily look at what goodwill gesture we can offer due to the knock on effect this may have had with your banks direct debit scheme.