Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Porting issues - email the CEO Andy Baker

angieevans49
Hooked

Re: PlusNet Porting issues - email the CEO Andy Baker

Update.

Further to my earlier posts - and after a phone call early this morning, a chat conversation a little later, intervention by 

joechin13

An update, it appears the porting my number has been completed. After restarting the iPhone at 1700 hours, I noticed my old Giffgaff number is displayed as the "My Number" again! Calls and SMS placed to the number have come through successfully. But there has been no email nor SMS notification that the port has been successfully completed.

So for reference, the port was initiated via SMS messaging at 1903 hours on Friday (16th), the Giffgaff SIM stopped working early Tuesday (20th) morning, ported number confirmed as working around 1700 hours today (21st). Not great but much less of a delay than what many others have experienced. I sincerely hope PN Mobile has made progress toward sorting out the root cause of the porting delay.

Based on this experience, I will give PlusNet Mobile at least another month to sort out issues and get past the Christmas rush, before I port any more number to their service.

Tommy127

I received two emails at 9.45 today ( one for each account) saying that mobile number port will son be completed. Nearly 8 hours later and I am able to call someone, but I I still can't receive a call,  (check out link for EE at bottom)  I phoned plusnet again and was told to give it another day. I'm hanging in there for one reason only,,, I am curious to find out how long this will drag on. When it is done I will be leaving Plusnet mobile and also phone/broadband. STUFF IT

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/4g-network/Can-make-calls-but-can-not-receive-calls-or-send-and-receiv...

novakt

Hello
Similar story here.
I am a manager at RoyalMail and xmas period is the busiest time in the year.
My mobile number is maybe unofficial use between myself and my drivers - however its more efficient way of contact than the company landlines -like any mobile phone is- its mobile.
On Friday 16th i requested to port my number knowing that within maximum 2 days poring will be complete.

Same evening about 19:00 received email and message on my phone that porting was approved and will take up to 48h.-
That mean that with even small delay, latest on Monday morning i will be able to use it.

My Old Number was disconnected on Tuesday 20th which would suggest porting never started until then.

Wednesday 21st -morning
no mobile number for my staff and customers to contact

Calling Plusnet support- apologies and scripted talk, yet no estimation how long it will last.

after mid day my number is ported with ill effect of losing internet access (original Plusnet number surfed internet nicely - so there is no issue here of wrong APN settings or I missing some trick).
BTW checked APN settings with this forum advise.

Regards
Tom

laycrbay

Like joechin13, requested on Friday eve, number dropped Tuesday am, number transferred Wednesday around 6ish. It took too long, but it is there now. My bigger concern is the poor communication and handling of the issue, especially for those of you who were essentially without a working phone for a week or more...
EAS

I totally agree with the poor communication and handling of the issue especially via the chat line. I used Facebook to raise the issue as getting no where with the chat line and the response using FB was much better.  I was advised  that everything would be ported by midnight last night or this morning but it fact it was all okay by about 9.00pm yesterday.  

esmaybe

Did any of you manage to email Andy Baker? I took Carl's advice and did the first name- dot- surname. plusnet.com but got nowhere.

This was my email;

Hi Mr. Baker,

I'm one of your customers, I'm part of your broadband connection and have been very impressed, but as to your new venture into the mirky waters of mobile, it's different story.

Basically ,after joining your mobile league with the lucrative email concerning broadband users obtaining unlimited access to much on mobile for £10 I was hooked....... so I joined on 10/12/16 and followed instructions.

This hasn't gone to plan.I still don't have a ported number but if I'd been informed about the difficulties ,I'd have changed my number to the one provided  without much difficulty. I'm stll in no man's land as to my mobile number and this is causing a lot of .......[-Censored-]
 and that's where i am at moment

This is the worst situation I've ever been in concerning communication, I want to leave so if you could leave my number with O2 that'd be great.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Alicia Doolan

esmaybe

What is this place? where's the communication? all they had to do was explain

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

I have to say, you don't half sound blonde.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

peegee28
Dabbler

How did it go Esmaybe? Has your port resolved? I am in a similar situation - 2 weeks and counting - with no end in sight Sad 

Really makes me sad - it's the worst experience I have had with any company in my entire life Sad

Martin58

I too am having problems porting in a number from Three to Plusnet mobile. I've been phoning regularly for two weeks now only to be told that the matter has been escalated to the Technical team, but no indication of when the problem will be resolved. Anyone calling my old number gets a message that number can't be recognised. Very frustrating as there doesn't seem anyone else to go to. Asked to be pout through to a Manager, but told that there was nothing they could do!

Martin58

Anyone know what the CEO's email address is to enable me to escalate my porting problem? Thanks

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Martin58

Just goto http://ceoemail.com/ and search for Plusnet. It will be shown there. Not allowed to post email on this forum.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
allegoricus
Hooked

Compared to my experience this sounds like fantastic service. 
I signed up to Plusnet Mobile in the first week of January, and have been waiting for a number port since 9 January (the date on which it was supposed to become active). Today it's 28 February - 7 weeks! - and I'm still no better informed about progress than I was at the outset.

If it's not active this coming Thursday I'll be giving notice and, if I do that, I'll also be cancelling my broadband and phone when the 12-month period for that expires in May.

allegoricus
Hooked

[copy of message sent by email]

Dear Mr Baker,

I am writing in frustration at the complete failure of Plusnet Mobile to carry out a number port from Vodafone.

I signed up to a sim-only deal in the first week of January this year and gave the sales agent the PAC code from Voda so that my Vodafone umber could be ported to the new Plusnet Sim.
I was told this port should be achieved at the latest by the following Monday (9 January), but even now - it's the 28 February - the port still hasn't been completed.

I've lost count of how many calls I've made to Plusnet in pursuit of this matter, but I've been unable to get a straight story out of anybody I've spoken to, and promised call-backs simply don't happen.

I won't bore you with how frustrating this is, but if my number isn't ported and active this coming Thursday (day after tomorrow), I'll be terminating the account and going elsewhere.

Not only that, but when my broadband and landline account has completed its 12-month contract period in May, I'll be giving notice of termination for that too. I've been a happy Plusnet broadband customer since 2013 so this will be a matter for some regret. Even so, it's the only measure I have that will make it clear how dissatisfied I am.

If you can do something to resolve this, so much the better but, if not, I'll be giving notice on my Plusnet Mobile account on Thursday, and terminating my broadband & landline account as soon as the contract period expires in May.
I'll also be sharing my experience as widely as possible.

Best regards,

Peter McCormack