Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Porting issues - email the CEO Andy Baker

xer0w
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: PlusNet Porting issues - email the CEO Andy Baker

Same problem here, porting from VF, request made on 2nd Feb and I'm still waiting!

I've not received any indication of when or if the port will ever take place, my PM's and forums posts are now pretty much ignored, phone calls are responded to in a friendly but ultimately pointless manor, just saying it will be completed 'soon'.

That's the worst part, if I was at least given an estimated completion date, I wouldn't have to keep chasing, if I know its going to take another 6 months then I'm off, but I keep being told it'll be done soon. Very annoying.

allegoricus
Hooked

Well, a day after emailing Andy Baker I received a call from the Plusnet Mobile Complaints Department.from a very positive lady who gave me an explanation why my port is not routine. The number in question started life with O2, before being ported to Vodafone, which apparently requires the involvement of O2 in porting the number onwards.
I was promised that my issue is being treated as a high priority and, to cut a long story short, when I made my regular evening call to the ported number, it connected so, finally, we have a resolution.
So, thanks to Plusnet for finally resolving this. I would be even happier had I not had to endure so many broken promises and so much music-on-hold pursuing this.

xer0w
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Coincidentally, my port completed yesterday too.

Four weeks to complete a number transfer is the longest I've ever had to wait, perhaps its an MVNO priority issue as they don't actually own the network.

Anyway, thanks to plusnet for getting it sorted in the end.

DavidL

Dear Mr Baker
I would like to draw your attention to the inept and incompetent actions of your Mobile Phone department.
On the 13 June at approx.  1330 I rang a PAC code through for a new account in their infinite wisdom they ported my number to another account number that I have with PlusNet thereby illegally removing a long held number from that account. When trying to resolve this issue all I keep getting from all the departments that I have tried is what they cant do, not what I want to hear. Would you kindly have someone contact me to resolve PlusNet's error and has a can do attitude. I have now been waiting for some time for a manager to call me back.
I have been a long standing customer of PlusNet and recommended both broadband and mobile services but I will need a lot of reassurance before any further recommendations are made. 
Failure to resolve this issue in a timely manner or to my satisfaction is liable to go to litigation for cancelling a phone number without authority.
  Yours Sincerely
David
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@DavidL

Welcome to the forums.

It is very unlikely that Mr Baker will see your post. If you do wish to contact him then I would suggest you go to the website http://www.ceoemail.com and retrieve his details from there. Just search for Plusnet.

In addition, the official complaints procedure is detailed here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

For future reference a link to it is shown at the bottom of every webpage as "Complaints Code of Practice"

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
DavidL

Thanks for your reply, I have indeed sent the email to Mr Bakers email including my full contact details. Alas no reply from him or his team yet, but what's new when customer services managers don't bother calling back with any urgency if at all. 

DavidL

Promised a phone call from a manager this Afternoon, its now 1815hrs alas no phone call. To make matters worse they have cancelled the service on one of my accounts. Looks like they have now managed to loose both my numbers.

Roddy

Same problem port failed by text and unable to port number 5 days later
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Sorry to hear this Roddy, this shouldn't be the case at all.

Please Private Message me with some identifying information and I can get this sorted.

Trez10

Hi @DavidL,

Did you manage to resolve your problem as I'm in the same situation and not sure what to do?

Thanks

DavidL

Hi Trez 10

Sorry to say the number was lost forever, PlusNet claimed that the number cannot be recovered once it has been changed.

The situation was resolved by way of compensation but it doesn't sound like this part of PlusNet's service has improved.

Regards

DavidL 

Roddy

Yes did get my old number ported. But took lots of complaining and over a week to do. Got £30 compensation and requested PAC code and have now left to BT. BT port took overnight to happen . Did ask what the problem was and was told it is how Plusnet sent the requests to EE for port. Did also get informed this is happening to lots of customers not just me. Shame wanted to switch my broadband phone and TV to Plusnet for better deal than BT. Guess you get what you pay for now happy to stay with BT and pay more money following this experience.
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

At work we have done a wholesale port of our mobile numbers from O2 to BT (EE).  We had a lot of the same problems people here have reported with moving to Plusnet.  Because we have a lot of phones and some switched on people, we discovered the problem was in BT's number migration process.  Basically, they created dummy accounts to which the old O2 numbers got ported first.  Then these got moved to replace the new BT numbers and the dummy accounts were deleted.  However, this internal move often failed leaving the old number partially working or dead and the missing bits lost.  It took months to sort out.  It might be that a similar process is used to port numbers to Plusnet...