cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Porting issues - email the CEO Andy Baker

LiviHam

Re: PlusNet Porting issues - email the CEO Andy Baker

Hi All,

Glad your porting now complete cmwetton...

I'm also in the midst of porting my number across from Asda mobile (also EE network). I requested the port on Wednesday and my number ported on Thursday (calls & SMS OK) - all good I thought, however I find that mobile data is very temperamental and would like to know other user experiences?

Symptoms are:
1). never connects immediately when mobile data switched on or phone re-booted, can be 10s of minutes to connect
2). once connected, can then browse etc. normally
3). connection drops frequently (even when phone stationary and signal strength good)
4). same story whether set for 3G or LTE

Before the port started, i.e. with the SIM sent out by Plusnet, the connection was solid.

Note that I phoned Customer Services on Friday morning and received the same stock answers, as others have. I will try again on Monday if the situation does not improve having waited as I was told to do...

cmwetton
Hooked

Well, my number managed to port but I can't send or receive SMS. Wonderful!!!  Support contacted yet again.

esmaybe

Hi Carl,

I can't imagine the frustration you're going through at the moment as I'm just at the stage of trying to get my number ported to PN from O2 which has been ongoing since 10/12/16 and still not completed even after PN stated to you they've resolved the issue with O2 format. I'd also like to email the CEO Andy Baker and voice my concerns, especially  since you've still got problems. Could you please point me in the right direction as to how to obtain his email address, I know it's probably quite straight forward but I'm not up to speed on these things.

Your emails and information have been very much appreciated and I hope your problem with SMS is sorted ASAP.

Best Regards,

Alicia

cmwetton
Hooked

Hi Alicia, unfortunately I can't put the email address on here as it's against the forum rules.  However the plusnet format for email addresses is:

firstname "dot" lastname "at" plus "dot" net

Tommy127

I am also leaving as soon as number port is done, also think I will change provider for phone and broadband which will be a bit of a bother, but it lets PlusNet know that I am disgusted with their incompetence and won't accept it. Request for porting number submitted on the 14th, I'm still waiting on the 21st. What I find even more annoying is the total lack of information from them.  Totally useless service from Plusnet

Mike2
Hooked

This is obviously not going away or getting better The staff are not trained in how to deal with the questions. Can I suggest everyone sends a mail to the CEO and Offcom to raise this as nothing in the press, I am so ticked off with this shoddy service. Mr CEO, you need to get a grip, no subscribers then no company, why not issue a statement and apologise to your customers? I am in day three, my other phone is down and the people in customer service have no idea, not as bad as some I know but if it ever gets sorted then straight back to previous supplier better paying more for reliability. Everyone who has waited more than one day should seek compensation as they have gone to print on this forum and confirmed if you have waited more than a day you will get compensation

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Insult towards staff edited as per Forum rules.

angieevans49
Hooked

I have just spoken with customer service who assured me I was being dealt with as a priority - I then questioned how that could be as he had not taken my name or the mobile number I had been supplied (he very quickly saw the error of his ways and requested these details) I shall be writing to CEO this morning and cc The Register as well.

I am also going to contact Ofcom - and I wonder if Trading Standards should be involved as Plusnet are peddling a service they obviously cannot provide?

I was emailed last Thursday to tell me their service was 'live' and I could now 'action' my pre-registration 'offer'  .....

My previous provider was Virgin (who also piggy back off EE) - so - my number was already with EE ........... 

cmwetton
Hooked

Update Time:

36 hours after my number ported my SMS finally started working.  There was no contact from PlusNet during this period.  I did a get a call from customer care the following day asking if all was working now.  While they were on the phone I asked about porting other numbers.  I have another 3 family members that I have accounts for but I wasn't prepared to port them until I had confirmation that they weren't going to hit the same issues.  I was told all issues around porting had been resolved and to go ahead, but porting requests only happen Mon-Fri.  Just to make sure I hit the dead-lines I requested it at 11pm Sunday evening, knowing it would be picked up Monday.  Guess what, no porting happened. Got a call from Customer Services yesterday 4pm (Tues) after complaining again saying they had confirmed there were no hold ups and it would be happening that night but they would call me on Weds morning to check.  It's now Weds, number still hasn't ported but they've promised it will happen tonight!!!! They did however call as they said they would but as I explained to the agent (this is one of their senior people), you still haven't delivered, you still haven't resolved the issues and  still aren't telling customers.  The response I got was beyond belief, I was told that there are no customers experiencing porting issues anymore.  I suggested that they read the forums.  Once the numbers have ported I will be using the free £30 credit they gave me as compensation and then changing back to my old provider.

Vote with your feet people.  There's no point having a cheap service where there is no customer service attached to it. 

joechin13

Thanks for the updates @cmwetton

I initiated porting my mobile number from Giffgaff last Friday. The old SIM stopped working on Tuesday morning. The number still hasn't ported as of this morning. Up to this point, I have never experienced more than two hours of outages when porting numbers. The number in question is my business mobile and also the number for two factor authentication codes. So the impact has been significant but could have been much worse had I not picked a relatively quiet business time for this operation.

I had an online chat and a call this morning with PN customer service. They were pleasant enough but completely powerless to help. I couldn't even escalate to a manager/supervisor as it would take them 48 hours to call back. I have used PN broadband over the years for office and my home, and it has been great when it works. I had planned on consolidating a half dozen mobile phones in my household/business to PN Mobile, but given the state of the number porting process, I will probably wait 3-6 months before adding any more PN Mobile SIMs, if at all. Very disappointed by the amateurish operation!

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@AshleighDavis wrote:

Hi, 

Plusnet Mobile are still using the same network and system as previously. I understand some of our Customer Service responses may have been vague, however; this is because our Network Engineers are still investigating and figuring out the core route of what's causing the issue so at this stage we haven't been given any information to provide and I can only apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. Once we have any update on the matter, we'll be sure to contact you to inform you straight away. -Ashleigh

@Anonymous As you have confirmed you are using the same network and systems, i assume you had this number porting issue before LM was integrated into PN ? Or is at a coincidence that it happened at the same time you become PN mobile? 

Also weeks later your Network Engineers do not know what the problem is .
It seems on this issue, its all guess work from PN mobile, best avoided in my view , if they can not get the basics right and after weeks of an ongoing issue , don't even know the cause , therefore don't even know when it will be fixed.

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

EAS

What a shambles trying to port a number.  I've been with Plusnet for Broadband for years with no issues so thought I would switch to the new mobile service.  What a mistake, still waiting for my number to be ported.  No one you speak to knows how long it is going to take.  Fortunately I am within the 14 day cool off period so will cancel if not done soon.   I asked for details of my one line chat to be sent to me and was told, we charge £10 for that!  Insulting to say the least.  

EAS

I've had similar delays with porting my number and had an on line chat earlier today -  totally unable to provide any update on when the porting problems will be fixed.  I've been a PN broadband users for many years with no issues and this was one of the reasons why I decided to subscribe to their new mobile service.  BIG MISTAKE.    Fortunately I'm within the 2 week cooling off period so am likely to cancel my mobile agreement and will probably also cancel my broadband/phone package as soon as I can.    Complete lack of communication to customers caught up in this fiasco - what is the CEO doing about it?    

EAS

Ashleigh,  

I have been waiting for my number to be ported and contacted the online chat this morning.  No useful information provided other than Plusnet is aware of the issues with porting numbers but have no idea when it will be fixed.  I've been advised that now I have lost access to the number being ported, it means the number is in the process of being transferred but how long this will take - who knows?

I've been a Plusnet broadband user for many years with no issues and this was one of the reasons why I decided to switch to the Plusnet new mobile service-  big mistake.    I've also noticed that my broadband speed has deteriorated a lot recently so along with the problems with Plusnet mobile means I will probably cancel all services when I can. Fortunately I am within the 14 day cooling off period for my mobile.     

There is a serious lack of communication from your company, sending emails explaining the situation would help but Plusnet chooses to keep quiet about it.  

angieevans49
Hooked

Have emailed CEO and cc'd The Register as suggested - Many thanks to Emily for her help ........

Still carrying a useless brick around .......

laycrbay

Afraid I'm the same story. Been very happy with Plusnet boradband for several years, liked the deals on offer, got a SIM and placed the port request on Friday evening. My giffgaff SIM died Tuesday morning, I rang Plusnet about 6pm to ask for an update and got fobbed off with the same excuses and told to wait until the end of the day. When I asked for a definition of "end of the day" as it was past the end of working hours, I was told that the timeframe could not be confirmed - so does "end of the day" mean the end of the working day, midnight, 24 hours later....? Apparently they are aware of the problem - a sudden influx of new customers and the resulting backlog. Surely they could have planned for this - Plusnet have sent out several marketing emails, asked for pre-registrations and then called me to transfer to them. Clearly their systems cannot cope with the scope of potential customers they have targeted.

Needless to say, the number still hasn't transferred and I don't know what calls and texts I'm missing. They confirmed this morning that they are in breach of Ofcom's rules and that I will be compensated, but could not provide an answer to my question of why they couldn't put any warning advice on their website or on the porting text message system. They've known about the problem for over a week, surely they have a duty to warn people like us about to dive down the rabbit hole of porting that they may experience delays...? Currently in the 48 hour waiting period to speak to a manger.

Very very disappointed and may well be moving my home phone and broadband as well as mobile away from Plusnet at the earliest opportunity.