cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Porting issues - email the CEO Andy Baker

cmwetton
Hooked

PlusNet Porting issues - email the CEO Andy Baker

All,  I have had similar experience with number porting and decided to email the CEO. I also cc'd the staff at a well known IT site called the register.  http://www.theregister.co.uk/about/company/contact/  I suggest you try the same.  If enough people are up in arms hopefully something will happen:

Hi Andy,

I recently purchased 4 x accounts to use for my business and family members.  The purchase process is simple and easily understood.  However, once you try to port a number your internal process is severely lacking.  I started the process off for my own number first.

13/12/2016 Porting request as per the PlusNet processes started - told 48 ours max for porting to complete
15/12/2016 Early morning my old number stopped working
15/12/2016 Switched to PlusNet sim - Service available but number not ported
15/12/2016 Called PlusNet to ask what was happening.  Received a scripted answer answer about too many requests coming in and there were delays with porting requests. The agent apologised. I asked for an indication of how long this was likely to take. No answer.  I suggested that PlusNet should send out a communication to all new customers that there are issues but I've seen nothing.

16/12/2016 It's now over 48 ours since my request was started and my number has still not been ported.  I dare not even start the rest of my family members off because I have no idea if they are likely to be ported by Xmas!

I'm currently paying for 3 accounts I can't use effectively as I can't port them over because the numbers will go into a black hole.  The other one, my business number is already in the black hole with no timeline as to when it's going to be resolved.

Your forums are filled with people complaining about this. 

Your website states:
It normally takes one or two working days to move your mobile number over to us. You're entitled to reasonable compensation if there's a delay or something goes wrong that's our fault. If you call us we'll apply this compensation as a credit on your next bill.

I'm looking forward to a successful resolution.  I have cc'd the editorial staff at http://www.theregister.co.uk/ as I'm sure they will be interested in this.

Regards
Carl
57 REPLIES 57
cdc
Hooked

Re: PlusNet Porting issues - email the CEO Andy Baker

Good letter !

Also, many people have signed up to Plusnet following a recommendation from moneysavingexpert.  It might be worth emailing then to give feedback on these problems.  Then hopefully tyhey will stop recommending plusnet until they can get their act in order.

voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com

PS- I'm going back to my old mobile operator once this number port completes.  I'll be taking my broadband with me as its out of contract very soon. This shambles has tarnished my view of this plusnet.  Pluis all the misleading information they are still telling people.  Disgraceful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch and bringing this to our attention. I’m extremely sorry to hear you’ve been having issues with your port-in; it’s certainly not something we wish for and we aim for all transitions to be as seamless as possible. However, I understand this hasn’t been the case for you and I can only imagine the inconvenience and distress this has caused. We always advise a timescale of 2 working days, however; in your circumstance it appears the time-frame has been delayed. Once it’s passed the timescale provided, it will be flagged with our Network Engineers who will investigate this further. I can assure you this has been raised as high priority, however; as we’re unable to discuss account specific information via a public forum, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and we’ll certainly do all we can to help. -Ashleigh

cdc
Hooked

Ashleigh-

I have been in touch privately many times this week.

As you full well know, the answers people are receiving in private communications are vague.  They fall under the category of either "if it takes more than 1 or 2 working days it will be  flagged up"  OR if you really push for a more specific answer "we don't know".

What would be helpful is if Plusnet told people the current average waiting time to get the porting process complete.  I have already had 8 days of waiting and am about to head into a weekend which will make it 11 days by Monday with my business mobile number cut off.  Can you please find out what the AVERAGE wait time is CURRENTLY and post this somewhere public ?

A reply would be appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand your frustration completely. If you haven't been provided with a timescale, it's because we don't wish to set false expectations; but I can assure you our Team are working their hardest to get this resolved as quickly as possible. -Ashleigh

cmwetton
Hooked

Hi Ashleigh,

I appreciate the canned response but it doesn't  help.   I know you're only working with what you're given by management but someone needs to escalate this internally.  Two working days to port a number is the end to end process, ie from me requesting it to you delivering it, not two days to start working on it.  My old number stopped working 36 hours ago.  

What we need is

- An indication of timescales to resolve the problem

- Put out an announcement / send a text to users currently delayed by the porting process

By telling your customers this is happening you'll stop being bombarded by calls and messages

From what I'm reading on the forums some people have been waiting up to 2 weeks.  

cdc
Hooked

Ashleigh-

Your reply to my message makes me even more angry than i was before.

You have NOT addressed my question whatsoever.  I have made it very clear, as have many others, that these vague answers are no longer appropriate.  You will have to come up with something better.  

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Its becoming very clear since Lifemobile became PN mobile , there seems to be lots more problems than there was before the 29th of November.

@Anonymous is PN mobile using different systems, to what was been used when it was Lifemobile? Are you going to tell people what is causing these delays in number porting , is it that you dont know ? or it to embarrassing to post ?  no other providers appear to be having this problem. 

Is this porting problem an issue with the systems you are using ? as most providers can have this done next working day, yet PN mobile seem incapable in these instances in moving a number even when they say two working days 

Yet again another fine example of how PN can not get the basics right . 

Regards

Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Plusnet Mobile are still using the same network and system as previously. I understand some of our Customer Service responses may have been vague, however; this is because our Network Engineers are still investigating and figuring out the core route of what's causing the issue so at this stage we haven't been given any information to provide and I can only apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. Once we have any update on the matter, we'll be sure to contact you to inform you straight away. -Ashleigh

cmwetton
Hooked

Hi Ashleigh,  I do appreciate you trying to provide us with some information and I know this isn't your fault so this leads me to me next question.  How do I escalate this?

I provide consultancy services specifically around providing service wraps for the provisioning and porting of customers for another mobile provider with a big RED logo ending in ....fone.  If you're telling me your engineers have been working on trying to find an RCA (root cause analysis) for two weeks, it's time to get some different engineers.  Can you please provide me with your customer facing incident management escalation process as I want to use it?  My email to your CEO has gone ignored for 6 hours.  This truly is aplaing service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @cmwetton

I'm sorry to hear it's had to be this way. If you could send me a private message with your account details, I'll look into this and escalate it forward. -Ashleigh

Pete100

Hi I have a similar problem, in that the porting should have been completed last Friday and still not completed   one week later.  I was advised today that it will probably be next week,  some services work e.g. some texts work and I can ring out but can't receive incoming calls, number is not recognised for anyone calling me.  I have escalated this to the complaints team who are dealing with this problem.   Customer service guys are polite and pleasant but each call leaves me extremely frustrated and angry as they cannot give me a definite date that the porting will be completed .  I can't even leave plusnet until my number is fully ported over !!!!!

etherxox

Hi Carl,

Brilliant letter, Could you let us know the outcome of writing to the CEO and direct messaging Ashleigh? I've also been waiting for my phone number to port for 2 weeks and I'm tired of hearing pre-written apologies from PlusNet everytime  I contact them. If the only way to get my phone number to port is to contact the CEO or seek for legal compensation (Also business phone), then I will have to do the same as well.

Kam

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I hope you have as much help as I got from the CEO of Royal Mail when I emailed her a month ago. I'm convinced the problem would still be ongoing if it wasn't for her intervention.

However I'm not as confident the CEO of PN will come through for you.

cmwetton
Hooked

Hi All,

My porting is now complete. I had a call from [CSA Removed] in the customer services team yesterday evening around 6pm. She mentioned the fact I had emailed the CEO and explained what one of the problems had been. O2 had been sending PlusNet the porting files in a format that couldn't be understood by the PlusNet back end systems. This issue has now been resolved. I got the impression this wasn't the only issue though. Emailing the CEO certainly appeared to help things along

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.