cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Mobile - Number Porting - Terrible Service and poor customer support

Ledgerca
Hooked

Re: PlusNet Mobile - Number Porting - Terrible Service and poor customer support

EDIT TO UPDATE MY PREVIOUS POST

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I am still waiting for my number to be ported across.

I spent the best part of this morning on Twitter chatting to Rebeka from so called PlusNet Help.  All I got was the same old excuse.  The number port didn't go through and the Back Desk Service Team are (supposedly) looking into the problem.  However, when I ask what the issue and the state of progress is, I am told the Service Team are not contactable and PlusNet are unable to provide any estimate as to when the issue will be resolved.

By the way, I requested a manager call back three days ago and guess what..............I NEVER received one.  I asked Rebeka this morning to speak to a manager, but I was told he was too busy (TOO BUSY to talk to a disgruntled customer - now that is customer service at its worse).  I was promised that this busy manager would give me a call sometime today.............going from previous experience I am not holding out too much hope.

To anyone considering moving their mobile service to PlusNet, I would recommend they seriously do their research and reconsider.  PlusNet customer service is one of the worst available at the current time and I will be escalating this issue to the Ombudsman, Ofcom and BBC Watchdog in the hope that other people do not get affected with the same problems.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: PlusNet Mobile - Number Porting - Terrible Service and poor customer support

Hi Ledgerca!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm really sorry to hear of your delay with your port-in. This is not our usual high standard of service that we provide and we'll work hard to put this right for you. 

The port-in process takes up to 1 working day when it is processed before 6pm on a weekday, and up to 2 working days when processed after 6pm; ports are not processed over the weekend. I'm sorry that this has not been the case for you and your port has extended beyond it's usual time scale. On rare occasions like these, this will automatically be raised with our Operations Team for further investigation. 

I cannot advise of any account specifics via a public forum however, if you have been advised that a manager will call you today, but was unavailable this morning, rest assured, you'll recieve this as promised. 

- Rebeka 

Ledgerca
Hooked

Hi Rebels

Thanks for your post. I am pleased to say that a manager did call me later that day. 

He advised me that he would personally speak to your service team on Monday morning as they do not work weekends  (considering all the issues being reported via various forums, they should be working 24/7).

The manager assured me that he would give me a call on Monday (leaving a voice mail if required ).  Not unsurprisingly,  this call never materialised so again I am left with the feeling of being robbed of.

This - again - means I am going to have to  waste my valuable time waiting on the phone to get customer service to get me a proper answer.

How in all reality can this be called decent customer service in this day andage.....it is really appalling i

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Ledgerca!

I'm really sorry to hear that you did not recieve your second call back as promised and I'd like to chase this up for you. 

Can you please send me a PM with your details?

- Rebeka 

foxhome

I have had the same experience. I changed my SIM card on Friday 25 Aug and texted the PAC number and old mobile number I wanted transferred and go a reply that the information was all OK.I was given to understand that the change would take place in 24 hours, On Monday 28 Aug I called the help line and was told the transfer would take place "before Midnight". Nothing! I called again on Tuesday 29 Aug and was told exactly the same thing - it was the bank holiday that was causing the problem (I thought Plusnet worked on a 24/7 basis - clearly not). Still nothing. On Wednesday 30 Aug I went through the on line chat process - I was so furious I was worries what kind of langiuage I would use if I talked to someone again. No promises this time - but the girl could not confirm how many days would pass before the number was ported. This is terrible service, absolutely dreadful and I would never have gone through the change had I known there would be so much hassle. Plusnet technical need a kick up the backside - or given the sack if they can't do better than this.