cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Mobile - Number Porting - Terrible Service and poor customer support

wytco0
Grafter

PlusNet Mobile - Number Porting - Terrible Service and poor customer support

On Tuesday at about 18:45 I put in a porting request via text to move my number from Giffgaff to PN. a few minutes later I received automated texts asking for the number to port and the PAC code, I replied to both texts with the correct information.

This morning I contacted PN via online chat to ask why my port still had not happened only to be told that they had no record of my request and all they could do was put in a manual request which should be completed by Monday evening.

I asked for this to be expedited as the phone is my wife's and she is the primary carer for 2 elderly relatives and she needs to be able to receive messages day and night, I was told it was not possible.

I asked them to investigate why the first request had failed and was told I can ring again on a different number, he was not willing to initiate this investigation and seemed to just want to get rid of me, I had the impression that he simply ws not interested. At no point did I received an apology for shoddy service and he kept repeating that they had no record of my request. I offered to show him the texts I had received but he was not interested. 

I understand that things go wrong but by constantly repeating that they had no record of my texts they were by implying that I might not have sent them rather than accepting responsibility for a failed system and dealing with it properly.

PlusNet I am  a long term BB customer and I am amazed at this terrible service, looking at the forums I am not the first person to have porting problems, you really need to get this sorted out and to train your CS staff better.

19 REPLIES 19
pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: PlusNet Mobile - Number Porting - Terrible Service and poor customer support

I just looked at the messages I got from PN when I was porting, and after you sent your message with PAC there should have been a confirmation message from PN saying "Please confirm we've got the right details [your details]  Reply YES to proceed, NO to start over". If you didn't get this message, maybe PN didn't receive your message with PAC properly?

Andy2017

Re: PlusNet Mobile - Number Porting - Terrible Service and poor customer support

That's interesting, I had exactly the same thing. I sent a port request on Tuesday after 6pm and got the expected text responses, yes to confirm details etc. Was expecting the port to complete yesterday - it didn't. Spoke to support today who said the request didn't complete and they would have to submit a manual request and the port now wouldn't be completed until Monday.
wytco0
Grafter

You are right I did not get this message but I didn't know I was meant to get it so I had no way of knowing if things were OK or not. PN needs to either let us know what will happen or perhaps send another text if they have not had the correct replies within a certain time.

My feeling is that their system is very flakey and has little or no checks built in. I hope they improve it very soon.

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I agree,  you can't be expected to just guess if it's gone through or not,  I think they should at least have a clear description in the help docs about porting. 

Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I am in the same situation.
I started the porting process on Thursday evening - and responded to both the text messages.

But as of now at noon on Saturday - my number still hasn't ported across. I've turned both phones off and on several times ( not sure if that helps ) .

I too am a long time PN BB customer and generally am very impressed with their service but I think they have some way to go with this mobile phone service.

I think it would help if the mobile account page could be more comprhensive and had help for such activities as porting - with txting as a security feature.

MAl

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @wytco0

It's a shame to hear about the experience you've had since joining plusnet mobile, and that you've been having issues with your port in. This is not the high standard we strive to provide our customers with in any situation, however it would seem when you text to port this didn't registered with our system. I do apologise for this, and the delay it has caused in the process of getting your SIM card up and running. 

I'd like to look into this for you, and feedback to the agent you spoke to previously about this matter. If you drop me a PM we can pick things up from there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Mal08

If you've not received a confirmation text regarding your port, and it's not complete yet I would advise dropping me a PM so I can take a look into this for you. 

RazziB
Hooked

I have had exactly the same issue trying to port my old number across - this is not very encouraging as it is my third issue in less than a week of trying to be a new PlusNet customer!

1 - trying to order through the website kept failing, worked eventually after many attempts the next day

2 - trying to create "My Account" by clicking on link in PN email - URL "out of date". Took ages to work out how to create a new account a different way

3 - Trying to port my old number across.

Like many others I texted PORT to the number given, then replied to the responses asking for phone number, PAC code and YES to confirm - all very slow responses, 90 minutes from 1st to last) and according to my usage history that took 5 texts even though there were only 4 sent by me.

This was last Friday lunchtime and my number is STILL not ported, I checked this forum only to find other people saying there should be another confirmation "your number is being ported" text for it to all have worked properly.

Why do PlusNet not tell us this, it is kind of IMPORTANT!!

At the moment I am unable to actually use my new PlusNet contract SIM because obviously all of my contacts have my old number and I am not going to be continually swapping the SIMs over every 10 minutes to see if I have a text/missed call.

So basically I am stuffed until my old EE PAYG number is ported over.

I will have to do it by putting my new SIM in temporarily and calling them up - which could have been avoided if the text porting actually worked...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @RazziB

Thanks for bringing to our attention. I'm extremely sorry to hear you've been having issues with your service. It's certainly not something we intend. We haven't been made aware of any known issues with our website, however; if you're ever receiving an error message, you may need to delete the cache, cookies and history from the current browser you're using. Attempting to order via a different browser may also resolve this too! 

Once your SIM card has activated, you'll receive a Welcome Email which will contain your details for My Account, including a URL to generate a password. The URL is only valid for 24 hours and if this has expired, we can certainly send you another link which you should receive within a few minutes. 

In terms of transferring your number across, this should take 1-2 working days, depending on the time/ day you provided your PAC code. I'm sorry you've been having issues with our SMS service and I'll certainly pass your feedback across, in regards to the slow process/ responses. After you've confirmed your details, you should've received further correspondence to advise the port has been requested. If you could send me a private message with your account details, I'll certainly check the port request in more detail and I'll do all I can to provide you with any information I can.

In the mean-time, you should be able to use your existing number until it switches across to your Plusnet SIM card.

Apologies once again for the inconvenience this has caused you. I believe this is something we can amend and I really hope we're able to turn your experience around. -Ashleigh

RazziB
Hooked

Hi thanks for replying @Anonymous

I have called customer services and the gentleman (sorry, didn't get his name) requested the number port.

The details I had texted were attached to my account so he could read them on his screen which made it a bit quicker.

So hopefully my old number will be ported across by tomorrow afternoon ... Smiley

TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

I am sorry that the porting of your number did not go through as smoothly as intended, as you pointed out yourself, a computer glitch stopped the information coming through to us and one of my colleagues had to manually put the information through, The timescale to process this is set by our suppliers as the number didn't belong to us so we are required to give them a minimum lead time to transfer the number to us

wytco0
Grafter

EDIT to update my post, I replied to Emily's note expressing my disappointment with her reply and as a result, she has initiated a further investigation which is all I was hoping for.  Thanks, Emily.

It seems that these posts from PlusNet Help Team are for the benefit of the forum, in her thread reply Emily said:

"I'd like to look into this for you, and feedback to the agent you spoke to previously about this matter. If you drop me a PM we can pick things up from there"

However when I contacted Emily and provided the information she requested I received the following reply:

"I can see your port completed on Monday which would have been within timescale as you began the process on Friday, and we advise 1 working day for a port to complete. I'm sorry if you feel as this was too long of a timescale, however ports are always going to complete on working days"

No explanation of what went wrong last Tuesday nothing about feedback to the team.

Ledgerca
Hooked

I also have suffered a similar experience.

Received the PlusNet (PN) sim last Thursday (6/7/17) and followed the instructions to get my Mobile number ported from my previous supplier.

I went through the whole procedure and after confirming the details were correct, texted the response "Yes" as requested to start the porting process.

Friday afternoon I received a text and email from PN to say that my number port could not be completed as I had supposedly provided some incorrect details. I can confirm that the details I provided were correct and I even went to the trouble of contacting my previous provider to confirm the PAC code.

I contact PN Customer Service and was told they did not know why the port had failed.  They could see I had been sent the email and Text to say it had failed, but the failure was not showing up on their system, so I could hope the port was still going through.

Today is now Thursday, a whole week since the original Port request and I am still waiting for my number to be ported over. Last conversation with customer services yesterday was not helpful.  All they could tell me was that the "back office" team had picked up my issue and were supposedly investigating it. They were not able to give me any clue as to how long it could take before the process was completed.

This has been the worst experience of mobile number porting I have ever come across and PN do not seem to fully appreciate the aggravation caused to its customers when their systems fail.

Looking at various threads online, this seems to be a common problem, and I for one wished I had looked prior to joining PN mobile as I am now having second thoughts as to whether I want to stay with them...................after all there are a number of providers offering similar mobile sim only deals.

I can only hope that my issue is rectified very soon.....................I am not holding out much hope 

psm0114

Having recommended my wife to Plusnet she has been over a week waiting for a number port. She has spoken to customer service every day and has regularly been told that the port is due to complete. this has still not happened and now for the second time we are reaching the point where we will be told "sorry we don't port numbers over the weekend"

There is just nowhere to go you just keep getting told "Its going though" but it doesn't and there's nothing you can do about it. Just not good enough.