cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus net mobile reset voicemail to default greeting

Linda

Plus net mobile reset voicemail to default greeting

How do I reset voicemail greeting back to the default greeting? 

20 REPLIES 20
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Plus net mobile reset voicemail to default greeting

Hi Linda,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Smiley

You can reset your voicemail greeting message back to default by inputting the code **004*+447870020555*11*30# OR **004*07870020555*11*30# depending on your handset, into your dial screen. 

- Rebeka Smiley

Linda

Hi, I have tried that already but still get greeting with my name.  I want to reset it back to the plusnet default greeting.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Linda,

I'll be able to look into this further for you If you could send me a private message, as I'm unable to discuss account specifics on a public forum due to data protection. 

- Rebeka 

Apple100

Hi

I have the same problem too. I switched to Plusnet mobile recently and assumed voicemail would be automatically switched on. I realised after missing some calls that it wasn't and couldn't find a way to activate it. I tried calling the voicemail number (555) thinking I might need to turn it on there, but the only option it gave me was to record my own message! I didn't want to do that so now have a blank voicemail message and no way to change it back to the default greeting.

I spoke to Customer Service via the online chat facility and they were unable to resolve this, so I am waiting for a call back once the Operations Team have looked into it (which could take five working days).

I am beginning to wonder whether I made the right choice switching to Plusnet and I'm glad I'm only on a 30 day contract! Turning voicemail on and off and between a default and customised greeting should be easily done by the customer and not require a call to Customer Services.

Spence

I tried both of these sets of codes and neither seem to have been accepted. Something about MMI codes.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good morning Spence,

If you would like to send me a private message, I'll be more than happy to take a look into this for you. 

- Rebeka 

Dchinery

How do I remove my recorded message and return to the factory default plusnet message?
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Dchinery,

You can reset your voicemail greeting message back to default by inputting the code **004*+447870020555*11*30# OR **004*07870020555*11*30# depending on your handset, into your dial screen. 

- Rebeka Smiley

lea1

I have an iphone and I am having this trouble, I have just joined and want the default plusnet voicemail. It shouldnt be this complicated!

When I first called to listen to a voicemail that was left, it insisted I set up a message of my own. I have called customer services and given information that did not work #21#, I have also tried typing both numbers into my handset and neither worked as well as 'live chat' who said to try 

**004*+447870020555*11*30#

**61*+447870020555*11*30#

**61*07870020555*11*30#

again none have worked. This is so frustrating and should not be this complicated!

pmarais

I have exactly the same issue. I spent an hour on live chat with customer support who told me to type in those codes, none of which worked. At the end of the chat, the operator said it was my handset setting, and nothing to do with Plusnet. This is completely %^&* as I had the same handset on EE without any problems. The voicemail greeting message is set by the operator, not the handset!!!

Plusnet, come on, this is ridiculous... How do we change this?Huh

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

I'm convinced we'll be able to get this sorted for you, but we'll need to investigate on a case-by-case basis Smiley

If you could either PM myself, 

robsurman

Hi,

I have this exact issue too. When I tried to access my voicemail for the first time I had no choice but to record a greeting which I really didn't want to do. Now I can't get back to the default greeting.

I've tried the number suggested in these posts but they simply don't work. Please please please tell me how to reset my voicemail greeting back to the default greeting?

I have an iphone SE if that makes a difference.

Many Thanks

Rob

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi robsurman!

Thanks for taking the time out to get in touch with us!

If you could send me a Private Message, I can access your account and take a look into this for you. 

- Rebeka Smiley

Yes, me too !! It is as bad as EE, the only good thing about plusnet is that it's cheaper. Vodaphone is looking like a good option