cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please set usage cap. Without making a phone call.

FIXED
edrandall
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Please set usage cap. Without making a phone call.

I need to set the usage cap on my daughter's mobile account down to the minimum.

I was first advised hat she would have to phone in from her mobile to set this.  She spent 20 minutes "on hold", only to be advised that, as I am the bill payer, I will have to call in and do it.  Well I don't have 20 minutes, thankyou.

You seem not to have any ticketing system in place for mobile, and no way to set this cap from the annoyingly separate mobile login.  Should I perhaps create a ticket in my broadband account login, perhaps you can get a login to that and pick it up from there?  I don't see why you all have to work separately.and make it so darned difficult. 

Everyone wants this. why is it set to £10 for starters when on a £7 monthly tariff anyway, it's plain daft.

3 REPLIES 3
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Re: Please set usage cap. Without making a phone call.

Fix

Hi there edrandall.

Sorry to hear you're frustrated, and that you had some trouble getting in touch.

Our phone number isn't the only way to get in touch and make changes to the account - you can also get in touch via the Live Chat feature on our website, by emailing mobile-help@plus.net, by sending us a message on Facebook or Twitter, or by sending me or one of my colleagues a Private Message here on the forum. (we're the ones with the pink names!) Please feel free to PM me and I can get the Smart Cap changed for you.

Additionally, you can also set your daughter up as a 'nominee' on the account, meaning she'd be able to call up and make changes to the account. We would require a phonecall to set this up, but there's currently no queue at all on the phones if you'd like to get that sorted now.

edrandall
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Michael,

Thankyou for getting back so quickly, I hadn't appreciated that the live chat or PM were official support channels.

PM sent

Thanks & regards

Ed

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

You're more than welcome Ed! I'll pick your PM up straight away.