cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! Affordable mobile network with 3-Way Calling / Merge Calls

jewelie
Dabbler

Please help! Affordable mobile network with 3-Way Calling / Merge Calls

With the end of Plusnet Mobile, I've really been left up a certain creek without a paddle!  😭

I often have to help my elderly, and now disabled, parents on the other side of the country to make telephone calls for which I have been reliant upon 3-Way Calling.

With the closure of Plusnet Mobile coming, I now desperately need to find an affordable UK mobile network and contract that support 3-Way Calls aka Merge Calls within the allowance?

What I know so far-

• EE don't  (only "Group Calls", but I can't afford their prices anyway.)
  • iD Mobile don't.
  • TalkMobile don't.
  • Lebara (I think) don't.
  • O2 (maybe) do.  (I'm really reticent to sign up to a 12month contract though and they're not cheap and have other limitations, plus my wife had a really grim experience with them recently which has put me off of ever using them again)

So, ideally I'm looking for-

• 3-Way Calling / Merge Calls included in call allowance
  • 1-month rolling SIM only (but I will stretch to 12months if the contract is okay)
  • Reasonable 4G network coverage (preferably not on the Vodafone network)
  • About 5GB/month minimum data (or lower with data rolling)
  • Unlimited texts/calls
  • Smart Cap / Spending Cap
  • Preferably the option to text short codes and premium numbers (e.g. Eurovision votes etc - I very rarely do this but it would be useful.)
  • Preferably £10/month or less

Anyone have any ideas?

PS  I appreciate there are other conference call systems out there, but unfortunately they are unlikely to be applicable for me; for instance, I frequently can need to remain on the line during a call with my parents but then have another family member call me and then I need to be able to add them in to the call, and so on.  

1 REPLY 1
jewelie
Dabbler

Re: Please help! Affordable mobile network with 3-Way Calling / Merge Calls

I've just been told that my info was wrong and that it works on iD mobile.

We just got my wife's iD Mobile SIM today, so I've just tried it... And it works! Woohoo!