Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please close my account!

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Please close my account!

I migrated away from Plusnet Mobile at the beginning of April, but the account is still active and you're still producing bills (the account is  actually 32p in credit) I really don't have the time or the inclination to be faffing with the normal support channels.

The account no is  [Removed]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

3 REPLIES 3
OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Re: Please close my account!

Hi there @DaveyH thanks for getting in touch Smiley

If you ported your number out, this credit will automatically be cleared from your account shortly.

If not, you'll be issued with this as a refund.

There's no need for us to do anything to your account, but if you'd like to ensure that you stop receiving emails we can arrange this for you.

If you'd like us to do this, we'll need to go through some security.

Please send me a private message to begin this process Smiley

You'll find the option to do this on my profile!

Thanks

-Oli

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

@OliGaffney wrote:

Hi there @DaveyH thanks for getting in touch Smiley

If you ported your number out, this credit will automatically be cleared from your account shortly.

If not, you'll be issued with this as a refund.

There's no need for us to do anything to your account, but if you'd like to ensure that you stop receiving emails we can arrange this for you.

I'd forgotten about this, that was until I received another billing email today

I have to say I find your response unacceptable, particularly in the wake of GDPR.

I'm no longer a Plusnet Mobile customer what justification is there for not closing my account and not purging my data?

I want my account closed, my data deleted and to stop getting billing emails!

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi @DaveyH

once a SIM is cancelled the account will remain on our system however the account will be fully shut down. 

Once the credit on the account has been reset you'll no longer receive any emails from Plusnet. 

If you'd like us to remove any details we hold on you drop us a message and we can certainly arrange this for you.