cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please advise - a few basic questions on move to EE.

ekimrob
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Please advise - a few basic questions on move to EE.

Hi

I  get quite stressed about any system changes and the knock on effect to perhaps all my 2FA systems (paypal, ebay, amazon, banks etc) that need my current number to stay the same..

Would really appreciate some simple advice - I

Would it be worthwhile me going into a store to get personal help with the migration to EE ?

i'd need my PAC number but does that take seconds to come through or days

Once I get a PAC number , am i on a timed process to move?

Many thanks to anybody who can just help me know best start point

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Please advise - a few basic questions on move to EE.

@ekimrob   the PAC should take a few minutes at most once you ask for it via text.

If you are going for the special deal from EE I believe it is only available online. Not sure what deals may be available in your local shop, but often they are not as good as online so do your research before agreeing anything.

If you can avoid giving your PAC out on a Friday, transfers don't happen over the weekend and it could be the following Tuesday before your number is transferred.

HTH

Edit your PAC will last for 30 days, before you will need a new one if you have not used it.

Protech
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

The easiest way to migrate is by phone call to Plusnet. Call 500 from your mobile and the whole process, including number port is done in one step.
Your new EE sim should arrive in a few working days. When that arrives pop it in your phone and the port should activate in a few hours. If you have a dual sim phone you can keep your plusnet sim active until the port completes.
HTH
You can check out but you can never leave ( easily)
archerry
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@ekimrob 
I am not comfortable with changes like this either...

I have just transferred my mobile account to 1pmobile (which uses the EE network).
One day last week I sent the text PAC to 65075 at 09:10;
Received a text from Plusnet mobile at 09:11 with the PAC. This is valid for 30 days.

Once I had the new 1pmobile SIM card (through an online order) I followed the 1pmobile procedure to activate and account and transfer my number.
I was able to select a suitable date for the transfer (we were not planning anything important for that day).
On waking up the due day, I had received an email at 04:29! to say the process had begun;
by about 07:20 the process was complete.

Hope this helps to re-assure you that the process is (or can be) quite painless.

Regards,
Alistair